Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

9 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Been a while since we signed a Brazilian - how about Kaio Jorge 19 yo forward from Santos ? He’s being linked with Ajax, Ch€l$ki & Arsenal - his contract expires in December so is available cut price and one of the their many next big things... 

Summer 2019 when we signed 2, having never signed one before that.:D

Having said that, I've never heard of him, however based on your description above, I'm all for it.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

In reality i think we need at least 6 quality players in if we want to finish in the top 6 next season.

Trezeguet and EL ghazi need to be sold and replaced with pacy wingers with footballing brains

hourihane and heaton will be gone in the summer too..so they need replacing also

Elmo and taylor replacements need to be quality

Mcginn and traore need to become backup players and replaced with quality versions

I have my doubts about wesley coming back and being able to hit the ground running...and i dont want us being left short in the striker department next season..have villa not learned their lesson over the last two?

Ramsey needs loaning out..Davis needs to go to the lower leagues permanently and i will personally drive barkley back to chelsea tonight.

I am probably dreaming but if all this happened i would be extremly optimistic about next season and beyond

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

In reality i think we need at least 6 quality players in if we want to finish in the top 6 next season.

Trezeguet and EL ghazi need to be sold and replaced with pacy wingers with footballing brains

hourihane and heaton will be gone in the summer too..so they need replacing also

Elmo and taylor replacements need to be quality

Mcginn and traore need to become backup players and replaced with quality versions

I have my doubts about wesley coming back and being able to hit the ground running...and i dont want us being left short in the striker department next season..have villa not learned their lesson over the last two?

Ramsey needs loaning out..Davis needs to go to the lower leagues permanently and i will personally drive barkley back to chelsea tonight.

I am probably dreaming but if all this happened i would be extremly optimistic about next season and beyond

I agree with large parts of your post.

I feel Trezuguet should be sold and a decent replacement signed, making Traore our back up in that AMR position.

I agree another AML needs signed and puts El Ghazi as back up (unless Jack is to always play out wide)

I think Steer is good enough to be our 2nd choice as I am not sure who we could attract to be 2nd choice behind Martinez?

We have Guilbert already being Elmo's replacement (providing Guilbert also stays) but I agree that Taylor needs replaced, Possibly by Targett and we go and find a really decent first choice left better who is an improvement on Targett.

I feel Sanson is Hourihanes replacement, but I think we need to sign a world class attacking central midfielder (if Jack is to stay playing out wide).

We also may need another top quality striker as we are unsure how Wesley will fare upon his return and Ollie cannot go a whole season alone.

As for Barkley, I'll provide you with the vehicle to drive him back!   B)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Summer 2019 when we signed 2, having never signed one before that.:D

Having said that, I've never heard of him, however based on your description above, I'm all for it.

I think it's definitely a good idea to look at South America for flair players.

Sign them before they blow up

Plethora of creative talent !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JamieZ said:

There's certainly been a sort of development horizon where something has changed for us. There's still a long, long way to go till we've got seven or eight world-class players challenging for two or three spots like England, but I'll take marked progress where I can get it. Exciting prospects are coming out of the woodwork.

I'm not afraid to admit I've got my fingers crossed for an American at Villa again—and not a goalkeeper.

US is new Belgium imo, loads of quality players all coming through at same time and many of them at top european clubs already.

Think your biggest issue is finding a Hiddink style manager from somewhere to help you overachieve by a round or two at a world cup (you're pretty much a last 16 team now when you qualify) and don't think MLS type coaches like Berhalter will cut it with the calibre of player you now have.

Does feel like the US will really do something on world stage in next decade so exciting times.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thabucks said:

Been a while since we signed a Brazilian - how about Kaio Jorge 19 yo forward from Santos ? He’s being linked with Ajax, Ch€l$ki & Arsenal - his contract expires in December so is available cut price and one of the their many next big things... 

Here is the obligatory YouTube compilation... 

Would love Soteldo from Santos tbh, can't believe he hasn't ended up in europe yet. If you want someone with similar skillset to Grealish for a reasonable price he's your man....but he's also about 5ft 2 so would like be gobbled up in premier league. You never know though, Zola and Juninho did very well in mid 90s when prem was far more agricultural in style than it is today.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Thanks 1

Mentioned him before but I would like to see us go for Justin Kluivert - I cannot see Leipzig signing him permanently given the fact they signed Szoboszlai. Apparently abainke for €13mill this summer. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Would love Soteldo from Santos tbh, can't believe he hasn't ended up in europe yet. If you want someone with similar skillset to Grealish for a reasonable price he's your man....but he's also about 5ft 2 so would like be gobbled up in premier league. You never know though, Zola and Juninho did very well in mid 90s when prem was far more agricultural in style than it is today.

probably would have no problem with a work permit since he is a regular enough international

5 hours ago, thabucks said:

Out of contract at the end of the year so he will almost definitley be heading to Europe this summer with arsenal seemingly favourites because of Edu

He will end up at a CL club 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Mentioned him before but I would like to see us go for Justin Kluivert - I cannot see Leipzig signing him permanently given the fact they signed Szoboszlai. Apparently abainke for €13mill this summer. 

It's interesting how Nagalsmann juggles all the forwards, certainly regular rotation and they don't even play an out and out CF in some games.

Yussuf Poulsen

Kluivert

Forsberg

Hwang (hasn't really done it in Bundesliga after looking good at Salzburg)

Sorloth

Dani Olmo

Pretty much all of them would improve us at CF or one of the wide positions in the front 3 although most likely remains Lookman who of course is still their player....

• Like 1

Actually think someone like David Neres would be ideal and sort of next level signing we need to make soon.

24, mass experience of playing in CL and europa and can play CF or out wide. Yes still a regular for Ajax but he his contract expires in 2023 so Ajax probably think of moving him on this summer particularly with Haller signed.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Actually think someone like David Neres would be ideal and sort of next level signing we need to make soon.

24, mass experience of playing in CL and europa and can play CF or out wide. Yes still a regular for Ajax but he his contract expires in 2023 so Ajax probably think of moving him on this summer particularly with Haller signed.

Out of our reach no doubt but Antony looks like the player we so desperately need on the right wing. 

How about a cheeky bid for Gabriel veron... 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

doesnt start at Ajax anymore, more of a sub

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Didn't El Ghazi come from Ajax originally......some of these so called stars are iffy.

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

US is new Belgium imo, loads of quality players all coming through at same time and many of them at top european clubs already.

Think your biggest issue is finding a Hiddink style manager from somewhere to help you overachieve by a round or two at a world cup (you're pretty much a last 16 team now when you qualify) and don't think MLS type coaches like Berhalter will cut it with the calibre of player you now have.

Does feel like the US will really do something on world stage in next decade so exciting times.

I think I rate Berhalter more highly than many supporters. I think he's done a lot for rebuilding the team and generating a sense of cohesiveness and identity after the failure of the last squad in reaching the 2018 World Cup and the year spent in limbo under a caretaker manager. I think there was a natural youth movement coming through that made that reset possible, but I think he embraced it and rightly so. He's been instrumental in winning over dual (or multiple) nationals like Sergiño Dest, Yunus Musah, and Theoson-Jordan Siebatcheu (and hopefully Folarin Balogun, Alex Mighten and many more to come), and I think his tenure will rightly be seen as the beginning of a new era (if not a Golden Generation just yet).

But you're right. I know a lot of people are watching at Jesse Marsch at Red Bull Salzburg, but it's difficult to think he's not eyeing an RB Leipzig-type job within the next couple years. Pellegrino Matarazzo at VfB Stuttgart is another American manager worth keeping an eye on. In that aspect, I think a solid showing in 2022 will put us in good stead to build strong heading into 2026 on home turf.

I suppose this should go in International Football Chat, but I'll take any of the players I mentioned here at Villa, please.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thabucks said:

It would look to be a pretty good signing, but in general with the new work permit rules I think we should be looking into the Brazil & Argentina markets (IIRC if a player plays for a club in the top tier they pretty much already have enough points)

For a statement signing that gives us a genuine threat alongside Grealish, and one that changes the way that some people think about us, I think we could get Coutinho.

Barca are desperate to offload him because of a clause that means they'll owe Liverpool another twenty million pounds if he plays a handful more games for them, and I reckon we could get him for a reasonable price - wages would be a problem, but put him on what Jack's on and give him a big signing bonus and it's not completely out of the question.

I just think that this summer in particular, we could do with a signing that says we're very serious about what we're doing, one that gets ears up.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

For a statement signing that gives us a genuine threat alongside Grealish, and one that changes the way that some people think about us, I think we could get Coutinho.

Barca are desperate to offload him because of a clause that means they'll owe Liverpool another twenty million pounds if he plays a handful more games for them, and I reckon we could get him for a reasonable price - wages would be a problem, but put him on what Jack's on and give him a big signing bonus and it's not completely out of the question.

I just think that this summer in particular, we could do with a signing that says we're very serious about what we're doing, one that gets ears up.

Decent shout - ambitious but not outside the realms of possibility.

We desperately need a CAM to play through the middle, and our choices are either up-and-coming or currently unloved. The latter option is always a little dangerous, as you often need to pull them out of their career slump, and we've not got a brilliant history of that - but if it pays off you've got a top-drawer player. The up-and-coming part requires more serious scouting and the hope that they hit their potential - though our track record of signings has been very good lately.

I'm sure there are lots of options out there - I'm confident that our board will make the right calls, though - a feeling we haven't had the luxury of in most of my years as a fan.

• Like 1