Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

57 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Only trouble with that is Barca will insist on buy back clauses so that will always be lingering just when we're building a proper team.

There is that risk with any player who does well the bigger elite clubs will come knocking. I do get the point - it’s not the basis to build a team upon. I cannot wait for the season to end now. 

Going back to Neres, I take it Antony another fellow Brazilian is the reason for his reduction in game time at Ajax? 

Edited by thabucks

3 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

This is why people realise finishing as high as possible is so important.  Finishing top 10 shows other players and jack that we have made accelerated progress year on year and are on the fringes of top 8/top 6. Also gives us more edge in terms of ffp. Difference between finishing 9th and 12th may not seem huge, but to potential targets it could be massive

Bought it into a more relevant thread, but I actually think very differently to this.

I think potential recruits will be looking at our improvements, looking at the number of players who have got better and looking at the number of players that have been developed to international/very close to international level whilst at our club and think it's a good fit.

These players are human beings, when looking into a move, it won't be 'who finished higher last season'. They will look at much more than just that. It's their future and their life they are deciding on here. Everything we've done/are doing points at us being a very good proposition for a lot of players. Finishing 14th or 8th doesn't change that too much, in my view.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Only trouble with that is Barca will insist on buy back clauses so that will always be lingering just when we're building a proper team.

Real are already planning to buy back Reguillon

• Like 1

Interesting summer

Either an acceptance that SJG will leave next summer, or buys that suggest we are trying to develop along with him.

For me, a Bissouma kind of player is imperative, and iff we are as ambitious as i hope we will be, then an Alli/Odgaard kind of signing.

Still think we need at least one forward as well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Make the clause a lot higher than the purchase price and time limited then it’s fine

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We dont get a say in it, up to the selling club

I assume that it is a negotiation between the buying and the selling club in much the same way that the actual transfer fee is, no?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I assume that it is a negotiation between the buying and the selling club in much the same way that the actual transfer fee is, no?

It is but the selling club has more power in the negotiations

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It is but the selling club has more power in the negotiations

Kind of the same with the gueye relegation transfer clause

It was stupid but it won't have been the club that put it in there... 

The selling clubs and the agents have all the power when it comes to those type of clauses 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Interesting summer

Either an acceptance that SJG will leave next summer, or buys that suggest we are trying to develop along with him.

For me, a Bissouma kind of player is imperative, and iff we are as ambitious as i hope we will be, then an Alli/Odgaard kind of signing.

Still think we need at least one forward as well

I hope that with mentioning Alli you mean a player in his position and not actually him. I wouldn't be averse to a loan for him but I think that his situation would be very similar to Barkley's.

1 hour ago, Mjvilla said:

Bought it into a more relevant thread, but I actually think very differently to this.

I think potential recruits will be looking at our improvements, looking at the number of players who have got better and looking at the number of players that have been developed to international/very close to international level whilst at our club and think it's a good fit.

These players are human beings, when looking into a move, it won't be 'who finished higher last season'. They will look at much more than just that. It's their future and their life they are deciding on here. Everything we've done/are doing points at us being a very good proposition for a lot of players. Finishing 14th or 8th doesn't change that too much, in my view.

Yup - We're a much more attractive proposition than we were in the summer and should be able to shop from the next tier up now. I can't see a Rashica-level player being hesitant this time round. 

• Like 3

I just hope who ever we sign, adds a dimension to the team and not be just another no better than the last.....sure we have got better lately, but surely we can come up with wingers with more pace.

• Like 2

I’d like to see us get:

Saint maximan

Bissouma or anguisa

Olise or another young talented creative player, maybe lookman

Young lb (James Justin type of signing)

A backup striker that offers something different. Either a Chris wood type that we can look to hit with crosses or maybe a Gayle type that will look to run in behind. Just someone that allows us to try something a bit different when we are looking for a goal with 20 minutes to go.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think people are underestimating how desperate Barca are.

They are in deep, deep trouble financially, the Nou Camp is falling apart and they don't have pot to orinar in.

I’m not I just don’t think we can pull off a deal with the wages/fee involved and attract a player of that reputation 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I’m not I just don’t think we can pull off a deal with the wages/fee involved and attract a player of that reputation 

I was thinking as much on Barca forcing buyback clauses into younger players. I don't think they're in a position to refuse reasonable offers at the moment, regardless of terms.

5 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Everton finish in 12th and sign a world famous player from Real Madrid. 

Sheff U finish 8th and sign a 4th choice back up striker from Liverpool, struggling to bring in their top targets. One of which joined us who finished 17th.

Burnley finish 10th and sign **** all. 

If you're not in Europe, your league position from the previous season has little impact on the players you can attract. 

As always, some have to create the doomsday scenario to justify a moan

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

They are in deep, deep trouble financially, the Nou Camp is falling apart and they don't have pot to orinar in.

I could actually see our owners making a very ambitious move for someone this summer. 

Too big to fail. The Catalan government/tax payer will bail them out. They are more than a club so it's fine to completely mismanage them into bankruptcy. 

They're close to signing Augero for about a million a week.

If they unload Messi and a few others then that's a fair whack off their wage bill.