Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 hours ago, Rich192 said:

I wonder how this talk of FFP being scrapped will affect our summer!

Might increase the chances of losing Jack 👀 

Edit:  let’s forget I said this. Conversation has been done to death on the Jack thread and I see some get a little sensitive about the thought of him ever leaving. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Or increase our chances of signing Rodrygo or Vinicius Jnr... you can look at it both ways given our owners wealth & ambitions ... 

( I just used those two as example and realise would be almost impossible) 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Or increase our chances of signing Rodrygo or Vinicius Jnr... you can look at it both ways given our owners wealth & ambitions ... 

( I just used those two as example and realise would be almost impossible) 

Exactly. We need to move the past the idea that every window means we will loose Jack.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Exactly. We need to move the past the idea that every window means we will loose Jack.

Got to keep it real. Jack’s got about 3-4 years left at his peak. He is good enough to play for any team in the world so if the price was met he’d be crazy not to leave.  This isn’t in anyway a dig at villa or small club mentality talk , it’s more about how good Jack is. 

However I still don’t think any club will pay 100M+ for him so nothing to worry about. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, useless said:

If we want to be serious challengers, and show the likes of Grealish, Martinez, Konsa and so on that we mean business, I think we need to be spending around £300m this summer, which sounds like a lot of money because it is, but it soon adds up if you sign five or six players for around £60m each. Most important thing is to bring in some creativity to make sure we're not so reliant on Grealish.

I think it's also important for us to sign not only good footballers, but also footballers that are strong mentally as well, not sure how you scout for that, but at the moment feels as though we're quite weak in that area, for example I think the team is probably better than it shows when Grealish is out, but for whatever reason they seem to have a psychological block when he's not playing, you could also say that our record of not winning any games when we concede the first goal is also a sign of that mental fragility as well.

Whilst that budget would be a dream let's be serious there are very few owners in world football even without restrictions like FFP would want to dump 300 million on transfer fees in one window, and an even smaller number who would do it in this particular year.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Got to keep it real. Jack’s got about 3-4 years left at his peak. He is good enough to play for any team in the world so if the price was met he’d be crazy not to leave.  This isn’t in anyway a dig at villa or small club mentality talk , it’s more about how good Jack is. 

However I still don’t think any club will pay 100M+ for him so nothing to worry about. 

I still don't think he'll go in the summer but summer 2022 is big danger I think.

We simply by then if it happens have to be in positon to get some really good and proven top level players in to replace him.

Again a metric I'm judging these owners by is how do we do when we eventually lose a key player or two as that happens to all but minority of clubs out there.

Our attempts to replace likes of Milner, Young and Benteke were all pathetic and we didn't half drop down the league as a result and we've had a big warning again this season it's a lazy strategy to think existing players can just step up in his absence as it simply dosen't happen.

I'd say talk for players like Coutinho is probably more relevant in the post Grealish era....but hopefully not for a few years left.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

And I would just like to say that none of us know what they are going to do this Summer, we may be surprised or we may be let down.

If it's more of the same signings were going to hang around mid table, we have have to simply start competing with the big guns now simple as that.

As for FFP we have not a clue how good a position we are in, we didn't make much transactions in January which will of helped. We will also no doubt offload some players like Trezegeut, Ghazi a couple of others will add a tiny bit not much to be fair. There are many ways a club in the premier earns money other than TV rights and position in the league, it all adds up. I personally think Smith will be handed over 100 mill. If listened to what Smith said recently was that this season is the 3rd season were settled and now have to compete and that means finding and upgrading on what we have even if that means some get pushed to the bench.. I think we can expect some big guns arriving at VP but let's wait and see..

There will be few or more reasons that decide who and where from we can sign players at the end of the season all ranging from: positioning in the league, our FFP strength, How much our Owners want to compete and how good Lange really is at Negotiations.

Do we also have a list of all the Barca players and the current wages they are on??? Just curious as it may give us insight if there's a possibility of anyone we could sign.

You also have to look at the new deal we may offer or have to offer Grealish, 200k a week, if we can give this to Jack, we can surely give two or three Barca players less or the same to come in and do a job for us..

I too believe the budget will be around 100m. I do also believe we will have to keep the wages  of any signings down. Which means only one bigger name. 

I don't see any Barca players being on our radar unless we can somehow afford Coutiniho (Coutiniho and Jack on the flanks is bags of creativity). Younger players ready for first team football will be kept. So Fati and Pedro aren't going anywhere. The youngsters not quite ready for the first team will be hard to persuade and not what we need in the short to medium term.

Jack will want to see another 100m spend at a minimum to stay and a big name or 2 included in that. The Money he is on now is enough, his next move will entirely a football decision imo, all a bigger contract will do is up his value. That may not be in his best interests even if he stays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John said:

News on Talksport just now, that FFP may well be on the way out. Brilliant news for our coming transfer windows.

image.jpeg.b9c20c91ecee9907393269536416ec92.jpeg

I'll bet some owners are panicking......No cover to hide behind.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I'll bet some owners are panicking......No cover to hide behind.

Liverpool's owners must be shitting themselves. Especially if they don't make the CL. They bought a club on it's knees and through a combination of the inertia of Liverpool FC, Moneyball to an extent, and a brilliant manager they have achieved success. Fans will expect this to continue but they have always been very frugal with spending money and haven gotten lucky with some transfers e.g. Coutinho for 8 million and selling for 100 odd million. If City and Chelsea decide to splash the cash then Fenway will not keep pace with that spending and could very likely be off.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Liverpool's owners must be shitting themselves. Especially if they don't make the CL. They bought a club on it's knees and through a combination of the inertia of Liverpool FC, Moneyball to an extent, and a brilliant manager they have achieved success. Fans will expect this to continue but they have always been very frugal with spending money and haven gotten lucky with some transfers e.g. Coutinho for 8 million and selling for 100 odd million. If City and Chelsea decide to splash the cash then Fenway will not keep pace with that spending and could very likely be off.

Daniel Levy will need a healthy supply of these too: 

image.jpeg.f9dc24a2d0fa7c02708d47a0415bcc35.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Barcelona and Real Madrid are the only teams in the history of the game to have spent £60m on 5 or more players, let alone in one window.

United must have done surely. And PSG and City.

But I agree with the implied point that we won't be joining them this summer. :lol:

10 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

United must have done surely. And PSG and City.

But I agree with the implied point that we won't be joining them this summer. :lol:

They might have done on exchange rates at the time, but I couldn't really be bothered to check all that! I thought the same about those 3, then I thought harder and realised it probably wasn't the case unless I was forgetting quite a few players. 

City for example seem to pay around £50m for pretty much every 1st team signing.

I just used todays exchange rate £60m = <€69.5m and this list of the 100 most expensive transfers ever.

image.thumb.png.0b5196522aa9cbed00545cd1fbe21878.png

Edited by Sam-AVFC

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

I too believe the budget will be around 100m. I do also believe we will have to keep the wages  of any signings down. Which means only one bigger name. 

I don't see any Barca players being on our radar unless we can somehow afford Coutiniho (Coutiniho and Jack on the flanks is bags of creativity). Younger players ready for first team football will be kept. So Fati and Pedro aren't going anywhere. The youngsters not quite ready for the first team will be hard to persuade and not what we need in the short to medium term.

Jack will want to see another 100m spend at a minimum to stay and a big name or 2 included in that. The Money he is on now is enough, his next move will entirely a football decision imo, all a bigger contract will do is up his value. That may not be in his best interests even if he stays.

I've pulled this up take from it what you will but it says UEFA are on the verge of scrapping FFP and replacing it..

UEFA is reportedly on the verge of scrapping Financial Fair Play (FFP) and replacing it with a new system to govern club spending.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-owners-20244441

Edited by Dave-R
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This cracked me up big time sorry.

What makes you think if teams won't buy Grealish now they will when FFP is scrapped, our Owners just will have even more power behind them to say STFU and piss off he's staying put our Grealish is.

9 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

This cracked me up big time sorry.

What makes you think if teams won't buy Grealish now they will when FFP is scrapped, our Owners just will have even more power behind them to say STFU and piss off he's staying put our Grealish is.

I’m glad you found it funny but If Jack wants to leave and a club make what is deemed a reasonable offer.  The owners will let him leave. 

If said reasonable offer no longer use’s up a clubs whole transfer budget because of FFP. Then there is more chance of them offering it. 

As I’ve said in other posts, I don’t think any club will offer what villa value him at. So he isn’t going anywhere. But I do think no FFP would increase the chances of  a large offer being made.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why would he be " Crazy " not to leave?

It's not as if he can't get filthy richer, at the club he loves, as well as visit all the exotic places ( Destinations used as reasons for moving club ) with said riches, live an elite lifestyle, be the main man, as well as increase OUR chances of becoming a challenging club in Europe, by staying?

Some could argue he would be crazy TO LEAVE Villa with all he has going here for him.

He already has an England place as well, so that excuse/reasoning is off the list.

He.can go and be a bit part of somebody else " dream/project ", or create his own " empire " , on his own turf.

The same way clubs can sell managers seemingly above their level a " Project " ( Leeds - Bielsa, Everton - Ancelotti ), the same way we can, and probably already have sold Jack, our project.

It doesn't always work out for players at other clubs, even the very best ones.

He can leave when he is 28 and still have a career wherever else he decides to.

We need to stop almost willing him away ffs.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m glad you found it funny but If Jack wants to leave and a club make what is deemed a reasonable offer.  The owners will let him leave. 

If said reasonable offer no longer use’s up a clubs whole transfer budget because of FFP. Then there is more chance of them offering it. 

As I’ve said in other posts, I don’t think any club will offer what villa value him at. So he isn’t going anywhere. But I do think no FFP would increase the chances of  a large offer being made.

Owners don't have to let him leave while under contract unless I'm missing something, I think as an Owner's your entitled to tell the player and the club wanting him to F*CK off.

You did crack me up though, I believe you are the first of many posts that will now threat over Jack leaving because of FFP possibly being scrapped lol

If it happens it happens but as many said let's enjoy the time we have with Jack while we do have him at Villa. For all we know he could be loyal for rest of his career here, we don't know how he thinks..

One thing I can say is if FFP is abolished and we can spend more, we will certainly bring in miles better players than what we currently have and that would Make Jack a happy Bunny indeed, he may even wear his white nike jumpsuit more.