Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why would he be " Crazy " not to leave?

It's not as if he can't get filthy richer, at the club he loves, as well as visit all the exotic places ( Destinations used as reasons for moving club ) with said riches, live an elite lifestyle, be the main man, as well as increase OUR chances of becoming a challenging club in Europe, by staying?

Some could argue he would be crazy TO LEAVE Villa with all he has going here for him.

It doesn't always work out for players at other clubs, even the very best ones.

I think he’d be crazy not to want to win things mate. He can retire as a football great or as a Mathew Le Tissier. 

Just my opinion. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he’d be crazy not to want to win things mate. He can retire as a football great or as a Mathew Le Tissier. 

Just my opinion. 

Going to a big xlub doesn't make you great, in fact it could always make Jack's career go south, I reckon he's smart enough to see that as well.

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Owners don't have to let him leave while under contract unless I'm missing something, I think as an Owner's your entitled to tell the player and the club wanting him to F*CK off.

You did crack me up though, I believe you are the first of many posts that will now threat over Jack leaving because of FFP possibly being scrapped lol

If it happens it happens but as many said let's enjoy the time we have with Jack while we do have him at Villa. For all we know he could be loyal for rest of his career here, we don't know how he thinks..

One thing I can say is if FFP is abolished and we can spend more, we will certainly bring in miles better players than what we currently have and that would Make Jack a happy Bunny indeed, he may even wear his white nike jumpsuit more.

Such a ridiculous comment.  I’m not about to slit my wrists because I had an opinion on the potential of  larger bids being made for a top players. In this case that player was Jack.  Believe it or not there’s people out there that wouldn’t even care if Jack left for silly money. Im one of them. It’s just a game. I’ll still sleep at night. 

It crazy how you can’t comment on Jack leaving without fans pouncing. It’s just a discussion. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

And I would just like to say that none of us know what they are going to do this Summer, we may be surprised or we may be let down.

If it's more of the same signings were going to hang around mid table, we have have to simply start competing with the big guns now simple as that.

As for FFP we have not a clue how good a position we are in, we didn't make much transactions in January which will of helped. We will also no doubt offload some players like Trezegeut, Ghazi a couple of others will add a tiny bit not much to be fair. There are many ways a club in the premier earns money other than TV rights and position in the league, it all adds up. I personally think Smith will be handed over 100 mill. If listened to what Smith said recently was that this season is the 3rd season were settled and now have to compete and that means finding and upgrading on what we have even if that means some get pushed to the bench.. I think we can expect some big guns arriving at VP but let's wait and see..

There will be few or more reasons that decide who and where from we can sign players at the end of the season all ranging from: positioning in the league, our FFP strength, How much our Owners want to compete and how good Lange really is at Negotiations.

Do we also have a list of all the Barca players and the current wages they are on??? Just curious as it may give us insight if there's a possibility of anyone we could sign.

You also have to look at the new deal we may offer or have to offer Grealish, 200k a week, if we can give this to Jack, we can surely give two or three Barca players less or the same to come in and do a job for us..

Really? Offering players £200k/wk?? I admire optimism but when it’s based on fantasy then it has no foundation at all. 

Irrespective of our owners’ intent, the single biggest factor in our budget (particularly wages) will be FFP this Summer. That is not speculation, it is fact. Unfortunately. 

Now....if this rumoured abolition if FFP is true then the whole picture changes, however, I fear it will take some time to come into effect. Fingers crossed though. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Such a ridiculous comment.  I’m not about to slit my wrists because I had an opinion on the potential of  larger bids being made for a top players. In this case that player was Jack.  Believe it or not there’s people out there that wouldn’t even care if Jack left for silly money. Im one of them. It’s just a game. I’ll still sleep at night. 

It crazy how you can’t comment on Jack leaving without fans pouncing. It’s just a discussion. 

No one said you were but there are those who go bonkers at the thought of him leaving on this site and it comes round in a circle faster than a scalextric track..

I believe if the other big clubs in the league go after anyone, they won't waste there time trying it on for Jack when they can go grab a deal abroad, we will make them pay premium price and they know it.

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

No one said you were but there are those who go bonkers at the thought of him leaving on this site and it comes round in a circle faster than a scalextric track..

I believe if the other big clubs in the league go after anyone, they won't waste there time trying it on for Jack when they can go grab a deal abroad, we will make them pay premium price and they know it.

For the record I’m not one of those. I actually think if the money was right, (ridiculous sums) and Jack asked to leave. Then he should be sold.   But this is one for the Jack Grealish thread and it’s also been done to death so we’ll leave it there. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

For the record I’m not one of those. I actually think if the money was right, (ridiculous sums) and Jack asked to leave. Then he should be sold.   But this is one for the Jack Grealish thread and it’s also been done to death so we’ll leave it there. 

You have to see it from an Owner's perspective I believe, that even if a player is unhappy that so long as they are still performing, willing to do the job but want to go else where that your entitled to tell the player you will go when I say so. I also see it as he's the clubs main value in terms of a player and what he brings into the club, why would you ever let him go.

I would think if our Owners let him go, I would question there state of mind, as a club we have to keep him, the rest of the team look upto him big time..

9 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

You have to see it from an Owner's perspective I believe, that even if a player is unhappy that so long as they are still performing, willing to do the job but want to go else where that your entitled to tell the player you will go when I say so. I also see it as he's the clubs main value in terms of a player and what he brings into the club, why would you ever let him go.

I would think if our Owners let him go, I would question there state of mind, as a club we have to keep him, the rest of the team look upto him big time..

I disagree.  I think if a player wants to leave you let him go as long as the valuation is met. Otherwise performances will inevitably suffer in my opinion. 

Anyway as it stands he is Villa captain and is going nowhere. So let’s leave it there. 

Conversation could go on forever otherwise.

33 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

You do realise that we are talking about actual real-life football here and not Football Manager ??

United couldn’t keep Ronaldo, Liverpool couldn’t keep Couthino, Spurs couldn’t keep Bale etc, etc, etc....the right club comes in and the right bid comes in and the player goes. That’s football. 

Anyway, as has been said, this is straying off thread and is a very different debate. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m glad you found it funny but If Jack wants to leave and a club make what is deemed a reasonable offer.  The owners will let him leave. 

If said reasonable offer no longer use’s up a clubs whole transfer budget because of FFP. Then there is more chance of them offering it. 

As I’ve said in other posts, I don’t think any club will offer what villa value him at. So he isn’t going anywhere. But I do think no FFP would increase the chances of  a large offer being made.

The issue is still clubs cant afford him, nothing to do with FFP. Only PSG, City or Chelsea can afford him 

We still wont be able to offer CL or even Europa League football.

Money might be enough to attract a certain type of players but for others and the very elite ones it wont be enough. And there will still be clubs who can offer both CL and more money that we can even get close to.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, sne said:

We still wont be able to offer CL or even Europa League football.

Money might be enough to attract a certain type of players but for others and the very elite ones it wont be enough. And there will still be clubs who can offer both CL and more money that we can even get close to.

It'll be interesting over the next few years to see how this affects players and the English game - it's likely that in the coming few years there will be seasons where Arsenal or Spurs or another of the traditionally big clubs will have no European football to offer - will players still see those clubs as a sure bet I wonder?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The issue is still clubs cant afford him, nothing to do with FFP. Only PSG, City or Chelsea can afford him 

I agree mate and they don’t really need him either. So he should stay. But sometimes fans seem to get upset like it’s the equivalent of Southgate leaving for Middlesbrough. If he ever ever left I’m sure it would be a very big move to one of the best clubs around. One that would also benefit us if we spent the money wisely.  

Right, going back on topic. I wouldn’t even know where to start in terms of summer activity. I guess a wide forward/winger or two would be top of the list. I don’t think I could handle another season of AEG and Trez.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

It'll be interesting over the next few years to see how this affects players and the English game - it's likely that in the coming few years there will be seasons where Arsenal or Spurs or another of the traditionally big clubs will have no European football to offer - will players still see those clubs as a sure bet I wonder?

I guess the TV and other commercial deals will still make sure that PL clubs can offer more money than pretty much every other clubs bar a select few. But the most ambitious and driven players will also want to win things or at least compete for titles and in the CL. Can Arsenal for example offer that? Unlikely.

Then again there will always be enough players just looking for a big pay day.

1 minute ago, sne said:

I guess the TV and other commercial deals will still make sure that PL clubs can offer more money than pretty much every other clubs bar a select few. But the most ambitious and driven players will also want to win things or at least compete for titles and in the CL. Can Arsenal for example offer that? Unlikely.

Then again there will always be enough players just looking for a big pay day.

I think London will always be an attraction too.

• Like 3

Two shouts for RW - Mohammed Daramy (who Lange wil know all about) and Noni Madueke - who before today knew nothing of and now but he has been performing brilliantly for PSV 

Left wing Nicolás González from Stuggart https://www.90min.com/posts/who-is-nicolas-gonzalez-scout-report-stuttgart-tottenham-juventus

On paper, Gonzalez is billed as a left winger, but he's a player who can't really be limited to one position. It's not uncommon to see the 22-year-old pop up on the right wing, but he's done some of his best work as a central striker over the past few seasons.

His versatility stems from the broad nature of his skill set. Out wide, Gonzalez is a speed demon who loves taking defenders on in one-on-one situations - he averaged close to eight dribbles per 90 minutes in the 2. Bundesliga.

As a central creator, he boasts great positional skills and is capable of finding space between the lines. He's also blessed with a real predatory instinct which allows him to convert chances at an above-average rate.

Edited by thabucks