General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

On 24/02/2024 at 16:03, sne said:

Maguire is the most protected player in the league.

I believe the Premier League should protect the vice captain (Obviously Henderson is the 1st choice of captain) before the important Euros in the summer!

In Gareth we trust - these players should be protected.

:trollface:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

controversial one for Liverpool today too. Forest had the ball on the attack, Konate went down with a head injury, ref stopped the game. Game restarts with Liverpool ball and they score. 

• Like 2

I know we get upset with rookie ref at our game and they tend to have shit game, but at least that's for both teams. 

Michael **** Oliver, every **** time, is he a bluenose or just on the script making sure no one else disturb the Sky Six balance?

• Like 1

Done this a few times recently after games, gone on the oppositions forums to see what they thought of the ref, I found it interesting that we on here had a meltdown over the Fulham ref while their fans chanted you're not fit to referee at him 

Tonight it seems like Luton fans think our second goal shouldn't have stood because it was a quick free kick following a booking which isn't allowed, Rogers and Luiz should have been sent off, the obligatory emi should have had 7 yellow cards for time wasting, it was actually chong that was kicked off the park all game not Watkins, 2nd half injury time wasn't enough etc etc 

That was such a nonsense end to the Forest-Liverpool game.

I'm sure PGMOL will consult the rulebook and say the ref got it spot on but come on....

First of all a 0-0 game where Forest make two subs and there's 8-9 minutes added?! I can't believe they wasted that much time unless there was a serious injury, I bet the Liverpool players were sprinting off when subbed so you shouldn't be adding minutes on for that.

Then for the corner Forest could've easily had a penalty but ignored as usual. Konate faking the injury (caused by his own keeper). Then he shoos away all the Forest players and basically lets the Liverpool keeper boot it high into their half. Forest still had possession when the ref blew for the injury.

I'd be seething for weeks if we lost a game like that in the last minute.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

controversial one for Liverpool today too. Forest had the ball on the attack, Konate went down with a head injury, ref stopped the game. Game restarts with Liverpool ball and they score. 

The only consistent thing with the premier league referees is that they are consistently shit.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

That was such a nonsense end to the Forest-Liverpool game.

I'm sure PGMOL will consult the rulebook and say the ref got it spot on but come on....

First of all a 0-0 game where Forest make two subs and there's 8-9 minutes added?! I can't believe they wasted that much time unless there was a serious injury, I bet the Liverpool players were sprinting off when subbed so you shouldn't be adding minutes on for that.

Then for the corner Forest could've easily had a penalty but ignored as usual. Konate faking the injury (caused by his own keeper). Then he shoos away all the Forest players and basically lets the Liverpool keeper boot it high into their half. Forest still had possession when the ref blew for the injury.

I'd be seething for weeks if we lost a game like that in the last minute.

Nope he’s wrong. If he stopped play either when the ball is in the penalty area OR the last touch is in there, then it goes to the keeper but CHO had it with 2/3 touches. Goes down as another error. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah I’d be ****ing fuming if I was a Forest supporter tonight.

Before I saw it the beeb say that Forest regained possession (kinda hinting that they had sufficient chance to prevent the goal). But I don’t know, having now seen it, they could have done better when they briefly had the ball, but they were under pressure around their box instead of having possession where they originally DID have it, on the attack at Liverpool’s end.

Pretty poor.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

What was the deal with Oliver tonight? I'm sorry but he was horrendous. Intimidated by the home crowd?

Like he was when we played Fulham and he sent Doug off, that was rescinded on appeal? The guys a dreadful ref for us , especially away.

18 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Yeah I’d be ****ing fuming if I was a Forest supporter tonight.

Before I saw it the beeb say that Forest regained possession (kinda hinting that they had sufficient chance to prevent the goal). But I don’t know, having now seen it, they could have done better when they briefly had the ball, but they were under pressure around their box instead of having possession where they originally DID have it, on the attack at Liverpool’s end.

Pretty poor.

They messed up for the goal for sure. Had the ball on the edge of the box and should've just booted it up the pitch given there were 30 seconds left at that point.

When play was stopped at the other end they had pressure from the corner and getting the ball back for potentially another cross and it all get  stopped due to the blow up for the hand injury.

Then when restarted they're basically all told to go back into their own half once it's deemed Liverpool should restart with the keeper kicking it upfield so that was all wrong based on the flow of the game.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Genie said:

The only consistent thing with the premier league referees is that they are consistently shit.

Their not just shit , their biased 

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

They messed up for the goal for sure. Had the ball on the edge of the box and should've just booted it up the pitch given there were 30 seconds left at that point.

When play was stopped at the other end they had pressure from the corner and getting the ball back for potentially another cross and it all get  stopped due to the blow up for the hand injury.

Then when restarted they're basically all told to go back into their own half once it's deemed Liverpool should restart with the keeper kicking it upfield so that was all wrong based on the flow of the game.

Yeah at the very least, I think the ball has to be with Forest in a non dangerous area for them, minimal pressure from Liverpool. 

But no. Ultimately it proved to be a good defensive job by the ref. Stopped the attack dead, set Liverpool on their way.

When I occasionally sound sympathetic to the accusation that the refs are biased towards certain clubs, it’s decisions like that. I genuinely don’t think that happens FOR Forest against Liverpool. Or if it does, it would happen once for them compared to half a dozen times for Liverpool.

Because if it did happen against Liverpool, along with the national mourning over several days, they’d have Klopp screaming about replays and having to deal with that meltdown. It’s just not going to happen with Nuno.

I will accept that perhaps the Forest owner isn’t beyond some unpleasantness in this regard :D

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, tinker said:

Their not just shit , their biased 

They're*

But other than that you're absolutely right.

It might be unconscious, it might be pressure induced, but they 100% favour the team that's "expected" to win.

• Thanks 1

Bottom line is, we have probably the best teams in the world, with the best players in the world but refs who'd look poor in the Estonian 3rd division. 

• Like 1

Â