General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

And yet the potentially biggest incident of the game went in our favour.  Biased or corrupt though, of course.

If you are talking about Ollie's goal, it was so blatantly onside on VAR that you couldn't chalk it off.

10 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

If you are talking about Ollie's goal, it was so blatantly onside on VAR that you couldn't chalk it off.

No, Luiz not getting a second yellow.

16 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why not? He’s not a ref anymore. 

So what’s the ultimate point of his role? I don’t get it. Highlighting bad ref decisions against forest each week? They have a joker who does that on sky sports on Monday morning 

He should just stay on gladiators to be honest 

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

No, Luiz not getting a second yellow.

you seem to be in a very small minority that thinks this, havent heard anybody from Luton complain about this or any media report from the game mentioning it. I dont even remember the incident

• Like 4

Just now, Zatman said:

you seem to be in a very small minority that thinks this, havent heard anybody from Luton complain about this or any media report from the game mentioning it. I dont even remember the incident

Cynical trip when Luton were breaking.  It's possible the referee gave the foul against our other player who was close.

If you can be bothered, you could go to the match thread where a few people commented that Luiz was very lucky.

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Diverting from the awful officiating in England, there was also a furore in Spain yesterday resulting in a red card for Bellingham.

The ref blew his whistle as a cross was played that Jude headed in.  

I don’t see anything wrong with what the ref did to be fair.  I hate this notion that people think the ref should let a chance play out before blowing for time.  If the time is up the time is up.  Looking at the clock on the clip it was about 2 mins over the allotted injury time.  I do understand the immediate frustration on the part of the player but Madrid acting like they’ve been robbed?  Nah.

Just another example of why we need a stopped clock.

I would allow "buzzer beaters" though just for a laugh. Next time the ball hits the ground after the full time whistle the game is over - would lead to some wild PES6 half-way line shots or head tennis and volleys.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I would allow "buzzer beaters" though just for a laugh. Next time the ball hits the ground after the full time whistle the game is over - would lead to some wild PES6 half-way line shots or head tennis and volleys.

Real players were upset because there was a 2 min 15 sec or so  VAR check for a Valencia penalty situation in added time but then the ref only added about 1 min 30 sec to the added time. Happens all the time and is pretty annoying tbf. Guess they are used to be on the other side and getting as much time as they need of Fergie-time to score that winning goal. A bit like Plop got.

Seen some argue the ref should have added more time to begin with due to that horror injury late in the game that took 5 mins or more to safely move him off the pitch. But no idea if that's correct.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

If only they’d done it ages ago. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Reference the Liverpool debarcle, scouser mate says they are owed a few decisions anyway. Jesus, talk about entitled.

Yep, on the work chat, they said are saying they are owed loads because of all the poor decisions this season. I said like what, all said Spurs... any more i asked, their answer too many to list... Still waiting, and this guys is why I would rather City win the league, Liverpool fans the most entitled bunch of 🍆💦💦 going. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

From what I saw last night Luton message boards are bandit country but there was definitely some moaning about the ref, Luiz and Rogers should have got 2nd yellows according to them 

Id say it was close, probably the cliche that if he wasn't already on a yellow then he'd have got one, definitley the biggest decision of the game without VAR intervention and it went our way, maybe because Tim was there also snapping at his heels, my Commentator wrongly said Tim fouled him not Luiz, the ref didn't think it was as bad as it was 

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

From what I saw last night Luton message boards are bandit country but there was definitely some moaning about the ref, Luiz and Rogers should have got 2nd yellows according to them 

Id say it was close, probably the cliche that if he wasn't already on a yellow then he'd have got one, definitley the biggest decision of the game without VAR intervention and it went our way, maybe because Tim was there also snapping at his heels, my Commentator wrongly said Tim fouled him not Luiz, the ref didn't think it was as bad as it was 

Then we should have got that decison, was it Choong offside blocking one of our players to the ball. A goal not given last week because of this.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

It was both that got involved and it wasn't a clear yellow imo, they got away with far worse and we never even got a foul, it's consistency fans want not perfect refs bit yesterday we never had either and that's the frustrating part of it, anyone who watched the whole 90 minutes couldn't say Oliver was consistent, he was a homer, just like our away game against Fulham where he sent Doug off for nothing.

Just saw the Bellingham goal, ref blew the whistle before the cross was made. Keeper hardly made an effort to save it as he played to the whistle

On 03/03/2024 at 15:15, Zatman said:

Just saw the Bellingham goal, ref blew the whistle before the cross was made. Keeper hardly made an effort to save it as he played to the whistle

Just seen this; he actually didn't.  The whistle was blown just after the cross was made.  It's a bit of a shit one but OH WELL :D 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Just seen this; he actually didn't.  The whistle was blown just after the cross was made.  It's a bit of a shit one but OH WELL :D 

yeah said in a post somewhere the ref motioned to blow his whistle while Diaz's back was to goal but then weirdly took a long time to actually do it, by the time he'd put his whistle to his lips diaz had turned by the time he blew it the cross was in

I'm guessing he had the mindset before the corner was taken that he's ending the game if its cleared but because it was only half cleared he wasn't decisive enough

I'd be fuming if it was against villa but I can see the process

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

If I speak I’m in big trouble 

Yep it was ridiculous. The Zaniolo one Ajax did worse a minute later and wiped Dougie out in the air and the ref just gave a throw in. You can tell the Europa league was on tonight as it was proper third tier reffing 

Â