Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

From the little bit I saw of him, when he was fit in his last cameo, he looked very energetic and active, also in a Cup match before that I think.

Purely based on SG as a player, I reckon he will relish working with any midfielder he thinks has something about them and can improve.

Stevie G said that Sanson will be a big player for us. That to me proves he'll put a bit of time into him and be patient with him.

• Like 2

SG has apparently said that he’s not quite there in terms of fitness but been trying hard in training and that the decision to involve him in the match day squads was for his morale as he has been feeling so frustrated. 
I like that both in terms of man management and that SG seems willing to tell us more about it where players are in terms of player fitness (gave also detail on Trez and Dougie) than Smith. Smith used to be so cagey and often misleading for no real benefit to anyone.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

SG has apparently said that he’s not quite there in terms of fitness but been trying hard in training and that the decision to involve him in the match day squads was for his morale as he has been feeling so frustrated. 
I like that both in terms of man management and that SG seems willing to tell us more about it where players are in terms of player fitness (gave also detail on Trez and Dougie) than Smith. Smith used to be so cagey and often misleading for no real benefit to anyone.

Is that longhand for he's not playing on Saturday ?

Probably over thinking things but In training videos I’ve noticed he is always working out alone while others are chatting away. Maybe he has struggled to settle in England? That combined with constant injuries, it could be a really hard time for the bloke.  Really harsh to write him off. 

4 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Where did he say this mate? All I heard was he fully trained and will be in the squad. 

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Cheers mate. Sounds like Sanson is having a hard time of things but is definitely in Gerrards plans.  We’ll have to continue to be patient.  I’m confident he will still be a very good player for us.

Gotta feel for the dude really. 
No one wants to make a big move and just never play due to niggly injuries. 
new country, new team. Be tough.

• Like 3

He'll be part of the squad tonight. SG has clearly seen enough sin him to have him around the place, even though he isn't fit. 

I actually think the rise of Ramsey -- perhaps quicker than expected by the backroom team -- has both isolated Sanson and perhaps given him a bit of a reprieve (not sticking him in at the deep end). Hoping, for all of our sakes, that he has simply been unlucky with injuries and there isn't a bigger issue there.

I just can't see him replacing Ramsey or McGinn.

It's also very interesting because Gerrard deployed Luiz as a number 8 in the last game.

If Gerrard look on Nakamba as his primary DM where does that leave Sanson? 4th choice box to box midfielder? Or is he ahead of Luiz?

29 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If Gerrard look on Nakamba as his primary DM where does that leave Sanson? 4th choice box to box midfielder? Or is he ahead of Luiz?

For me, Sanson has shown nothing yet in a Villa shirt to be ahead of Douglas in the pecking order, or anywhere near him. That said, I hope he begins showing us something soon, that will put him into serious contention for a first team place. 

Â