Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

20 minutes ago, FLVillan said:

Unai wanted a physical presence to sit in the hole alongside Kamara - Conte had added another central midfielder (because our midfield was completely outplaying theirs) and had told Son to come inside (because Ashley Young had him in his pocket).  Plus he knows exactly what he's getting with Chambers having worked with him at Arse. I think he sees Sanson as a good player but he has to build trust. 

In the hole you say?

ConcreteGrouchyAtlanticbluetang-max-1mb.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Needs to be played vs stevenage. I can understand emery not trying him too much because he's only been with the team for a short while. Hopefully he can show what he can do. 

Dendoncker will start that ahead of him if he's fit.

22 minutes ago, FLVillan said:

Unai wanted a physical presence to sit in the hole alongside Kamara - Conte had added another central midfielder (because our midfield was completely outplaying theirs) and had told Son to come inside (because Ashley Young had him in his pocket).  Plus he knows exactly what he's getting with Chambers having worked with him at Arse. I think he sees Sanson as a good player but he has to build trust. 

And that’s where the genius of Emery comes in. Changes tactics and players based on what the opposition is doing rather than just blindly playing the same first 11 and hoping for moments of magic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FLVillan said:

He's obviously still part of the thoughts.  Preferred on the bench to Dendonker today. 

Bit odd that considering two of our best performances this season have come with Dendoncker starting in the Brentford and Man. United games.

I just presumed when I saw he wasn't on the bench he picked up a knock in training as he was on the bench v Liverpool. With 9 subs we can have a couple of midfielders on there so dosen't have to be a case of either.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Very surprised Chambers came on ahead of him.

With Emery you can bet your life it was a thought out decision rather than a tally of eye contacts in the previous week.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Bit odd that considering two of our best performances this season have come with Dendoncker starting in the Brentford and Man. United games.

I just presumed when I saw he wasn't on the bench he picked up a knock in training as he was on the bench v Liverpool. With 9 subs we can have a couple of midfielders on there so dosen't have to be a case of either.

One thing we are quickly learning with Emery is he doesn't always do what is "obvious" with his selections/substitutions and will adjust his team/squad/tactics to suit.  I agree that Dendonker has been great so far.  He was my man-of-the-match against ManUre. Unai also has played Watkins ahead of Ings even after Ings scored a brace in the previous match....

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

When are we gonna know what's going on with this guy.

I don't think any other team in the league have a player like him. If they are on the bench not getting games they are usually crap, but we don't even know that with Sanson??

Liverpool and Manure have a dozen Sanson's over the years

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

Can't get a game under 3 different managers. He either isn't good enough or has an attitude problem. Either way we need to get rid. 

He has been injured during the World Cup break

34 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Has anyone considered that he might just be a bit shit?

I’d argue it’s the opposite. If he’s managed to stick around through 4 managers then that might mean they see something valuable in him. I think it’s more along the lines of him just having shit luck with injuries since getting here.

12 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Very surprised Chambers came on ahead of him.

It looked as though Chambers had been told to man mark Son out of the game. 

I presume it was a tactical decision to see out the win. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, ender4 said:

And that’s where the genius of Emery comes in. Changes tactics and players based on what the opposition is doing rather than just blindly playing the same first 11 and hoping for moments of magic.

Gerrard clicking "Done" after picking the same 11 each week a la Champ Manager 1993 was so depressing.

I'm genuinely excited with each game, and I honestly think we can beat anyone right now.

I mean we just beat Spurs with Olsen in nets.

If Sanson has any use to the squad we'll see him get game time in the next couple of months. Nice thing is that it'll be because he has some set of attributes that are useful against the opposition.

5 hours ago, LondonLax said:

It looked as though Chambers had been told to man mark Son out of the game. 

I presume it was a tactical decision to see out the win. 

This 100%

Subs are there to be used tactically (even if there's an injury) - to alter the team to get the desired outcome. For the first time in a very long time - we seem to have a manager who understands this. 

15 hours ago, FLVillan said:

One thing we are quickly learning with Emery is he doesn't always do what is "obvious" with his selections/substitutions and will adjust his team/squad/tactics to suit.  I agree that Dendonker has been great so far.  He was my man-of-the-match against ManUre. Unai also has played Watkins ahead of Ings even after Ings scored a brace in the previous match....

I thought Cash playing RW was a very good decision at time.  Obviously wouldn’t start him there but it helped shut things down 

Home game coming up in which we're going to have the majority of possession. 

Depending on Luiz's Knee situation, we could see Sanson partnering Kamara in the middle of the park?

If it were better opposition then clearly it would be Dendoncker but I think this might give us an idea of Sanson's standing with Unai who picked him over others on the bench against Spurs. (Hoping that DL is absolutely fine really though)

Â