Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

Looks like a different player. Would love to see him start alongside Kamara next game, could surprise us all. Just hope Gerrard doesn’t continue to default to McGinn. 

The.... French Connection?

Spoiler

thefrenchconnection-bye.gif

• Haha 1

Lovely display by Morgan today.

For me it would feel like a Wesley-esque redemption if he were to somehow nail down a starting spot this season at some point. He's had such a rough 18 months here. 

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

On a serious note, they did actually play together in midfield at Marseill didn't they?

Yep, big overlap there - Kamara started playing first team in 2018

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Another good showing. It would be great if he adjusted to the PL this season.

Yes he did really well. Lots of energy and finding the right passes today. He is a very good footballer  that like Bailey has had tough breaks and never put a run together.  We all know Gerrard won't start him but he could be really good coming on for Ramsey after 60 mins or so. He can break the lines just like him . Looks very fit and a yard quicker than last season 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thunderball said:

Looks like a different player. Would love to see him start alongside Kamara next game, could surprise us all. Just hope Gerrard doesn’t continue to default to McGinn. 

He will. He's a proper man's man.

I know it’s only preseason, but he has seemed far more combative and direct whenever I have seen him. His close control is lovely and he can turn on a sixpence. 

When he signed, he described himself as a warrior. I wonder if his situation is like Bailey’s? it might be that he didn’t trust his body to stay injury free to play the way he wanted and this had an impact in the mental side of his game, too? Perhaps now we’re seeing the real player? 

Don’t you just love pre-season optimism?

• Like 2

Thought Sanson was brilliant yesterday.

I'm not saying he's better, but he was so much more effective than McGinn.

I've always thought there's a player in there, and it's now starting to show. A run of games and we could have the midfielder we have been missing.

8 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Thought Sanson was brilliant yesterday.

I'm not saying he's better, but he was so much more effective than McGinn.

I've always thought there's a player in there, and it's now starting to show. A run of games and we could have the midfielder we have been missing.

I am. He's better. He's like mcginn but quicker and actually presses. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I am. He's better. He's like mcginn but quicker and actually presses. 

He also has a little bit of skill on the ball. I'd say he's more comfortable in tight areas.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, thunderball said:

But McGinn is "The Scottish Meatball"  🙄 

7 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Looks like he really means business. Fair play to him for fighting back from that injury and staking a claim. 

Look at that arm, looks like he has bulked up a bit. Exactly what he needs, technically and footballing wise he seems to have what it takes at this level, but the physical part and the tempo is where he has struggled, hopefully he has beefed up and adapted now and is ready to go! He is a better footballer than McGinn imo.

Â