Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Tidy little player. Will be fighting for a starter's job all his career on this level. 

Very good description but your spot on he is very good on the ball he dosnt panic when he receives the ball, this is something mcginn does every week, He Panics constantly.

Edited by villan501

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Was fine today before tiring around the hour mark.

Feels predictable he'll be on the bench next week, I hope not.

Yeah agree and what's completely wrong about it, he dosnt deserve to be benched, he has not played much yet did far more than mcginn.

Sanson can improve further, but Gerrard dosnt rate him and that's quite sad really because it absolutely shocking how he cannot get a fair chance in this Villa team.

really like the guy. was given a chance to prove himself today and thought he was easily our best player

shame he'll be back on the bench this week despite doing little wrong and the other 2 CMs underperforming

• Like 3

9 hours ago, villan501 said:

Gerrard needs a head wobble if sanson dosnt start next week. Mcginn and JJ have had enough chances how about sanson gets a fair chance he's shown more in the very low amount of minutes he's played than mcginn.

It's clearly evident mcginn has reached his ceiling as a player, sanson is far better.

This is Gerrard, Sanson might get a sub appearance next week but not if his buddy John McG wants to stay on

Thought he was actually quite good. I’d like to see him given another start next week. 

All of our midfielders suffer from the fact they don’t have a defensive midfielder behind them. Unfortunately, I think we need to continue playing Luiz in there until we sign one. 

So, for me, it’s Luiz, Sanson and then one of McGinn/Ramsey as the 3. 

Form needs to be rewarded. We’ve already suffered from dropping in form players like Buendia and Chambers. Let’s  hope we don’t make the same mistake with Morgan. He wasn’t brilliant, but he was the best of the 3 against Wolves. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Thought he was actually quite good. I’d like to see him given another start next week. 

All of our midfielders suffer from the fact they don’t have a defensive midfielder behind them. Unfortunately, I think we need to continue playing Luiz in there until we sign one. 

So, for me, it’s Luiz, Sanson and then one of McGinn/Ramsey as the 3. 

Form needs to be rewarded. We’ve already suffered from dropping in form players like Buendia and Chambers. Let’s  hope we don’t make the same mistake with Morgan. He wasn’t brilliant, but he was the best of the 3 against Wolves. 

gerrard has even said before that you play well you keep the shirt

then went against his own words by dropping chambers

by his logic marvelous also should start saturday as he was great before he got injured

• Like 2

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Was fine today before tiring around the hour mark.

Feels predictable he'll be on the bench next week, I hope not.

Its funny that every time he plays he seems to play quite well (with no match fitness either) yet keeps getting overlooked. 

Makes you wonder if there is more to this, like not following orders?

I personally think he was one of the brightest lights for Villa against Wolves.

However I have a feeling it won't be good enough for Sanson, he needs to play regularly and therefore he will look to move on.

It will be yet again another player bought and criminally underused.

Based on all SG's comments, he rates him, and speaks well of him when asked. Our best player yesterday In an overall poor team performance. I don't believe all the anti Gerrard critics that use Sanson as a stick to beat him.

He deserves more starts and Ramsay who I'm a big fan of, has been poor for a few games now, Sanson deserves to start our next game, will be interesting to see if he does, if not, I'll start believing in the SG has his favourites brigade.

15 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I personally think he was one of the brightest lights for Villa against Wolves.

However I have a feeling it won't be good enough for Sanson, he needs to play regularly and therefore he will look to move on.

It will be yet again another player bought and criminally underused.

He was our best player in midfield by a long way, I would have taken McGinn off instead of him but maybe as has been mentioned he was tired. He hasn't played 90 minutes at full throttle for ages. Hope we don't waste his talent.

39 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

Based on all SG's comments, he rates him, and speaks well of him when asked. Our best player yesterday In an overall poor team performance. I don't believe all the anti Gerrard critics that use Sanson as a stick to beat him.

He deserves more starts and Ramsay who I'm a big fan of, has been poor for a few games now, Sanson deserves to start our next game, will be interesting to see if he does, if not, I'll start believing in the SG has his favourites brigade.

Well we will find out who is correct........

Complaining about Sanson is hard but someone has to do it. I still haven’t seen yesterday’s game, but he might have a stronger case for game time if he could point to more things he’d contributed. Goals, assists, chances created, key passes etc.

Dougie doesn’t do much of that either but plays further back so is excused. Ramsey made himself undroppable with goals and McGinn with, I don’t know, hard tackles? Sanson being tidy gets overlooked easily.

4 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Complaining about Sanson is hard but someone has to do it. I still haven’t seen yesterday’s game, but he might have a stronger case for game time if he could point to more things he’d contributed. Goals, assists, chances created, key passes etc.

Dougie doesn’t do much of that either but plays further back so is excused. Ramsey made himself undroppable with goals and McGinn with, I don’t know, hard tackles? Sanson being tidy gets overlooked easily.

I've never seen much from him beyond being neat and tidy either (granted his opportunities have been limited). Reminds me a bit of JJ last year, when the consensus seemed to be that he was competent enough but not really affecting games.

Decent enough player, but I'm not really sure where he fits in our midfield or if he really offers something that we need. Just has the feel of a transfer that won't work out for either party at this stage, but would love to be proved wrong

• Like 2

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

He was our best player in midfield by a long way, I would have taken McGinn off instead of him but maybe as has been mentioned he was tired. He hasn't played 90 minutes at full throttle for ages. Hope we don't waste his talent.

McGinn could score 2 own goals, concede 3 penalties and have 0% pass completion and never get taken off

Â