Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

Just now, villaslash said:

He and Buendia were the only ones really able to navigate a congested center of the pitch. Based on his control and dribbling I think it would be Interesting to see him play where Luis was. He did great till that pass.

I really like Mings but he could have whacked that ball out of play and avoided all the danger.

I think it’s that lack of aggression that let’s us down on the whole but I think anytime Man Utd are near the penalty area there’s that added fear of giving a penalty away or getting sent off, even if the player isn’t in the wrong it’s a fact VAR won’t have a second look.

4 minutes ago, villaslash said:

He and Buendia were the only ones really able to navigate a congested center of the pitch. Based on his control and dribbling I think it would be Interesting to see him play where Luiz was. He did great till that pass.

I really like Mings but he could have whacked that ball out of play and avoided all the danger.

Mings wasn’t close enough to Fred to whack the ball but knowing Mings aggressive play he probably would’ve clattered into him anyway drawing a yellow. Lol

10 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Mings wasn’t close enough to Fred to whack the ball but knowing Mings aggressive play he probably would’ve clattered into him anyway drawing a yellow. Lol

Don’t get me wrong- I think  Mings took an option to protect the box which makes some sense. However, when that pass came in he could easily have stepped forward and whacked the ball out. It’s not like Fred is a known speed demon.

I like him. Want to see more of him and I've said before he should be atleast subbed on more often when Mcginn or JJ is out of puff. 

I might go as far as to say he could replace Mcginn for a while atleast so to give Mcginn motivation to up his own levels again. 

Really offers something we’ve been missing in midfield - can really carry the ball but also control the tempo of the match which is something neither McGinn no Ramsay offer. He had a few wanders across field which opened up space and a few pivots through traffic which kept the defenders guessing. 

Should keep his place.

1 hour ago, HongKongVillan said:

I would say Mings was partly to blame by dropping too deep for the pass, thought was good tonight, chin up sanson, you've done alright

He could have engaged the challenge Mings and was prob 50 50 he wins it or gives away a foul. 

24 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Gerrard/Coutinho were standing on the sidelines waiting to sub Coutinho on.

Ings was due to come off.

literally 5 seconds before the sub was due to be made, Sanson was passed a poor ball, he then passed that ball poorly to Mings, and it was intercepted, goal ensued.

Due to the 2-0 scoreline, Gerrard now didnt want to take a striker off, so he instantly took Sanson off, as he didnt want to "be seen taking a striker off, when we were now 2-0 down".

Sanson kicked the water bottles in personal frustration of his mistake.

Gerrard said he asked Sanson if it was the mistake or the substitution causing him to kick the bottles.

Sanson said it was the mistake.

Gerrard said no problem, i would kick the bottles too then.

All is well at Villa Park.

the end.

Exactly. 

2 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

Really offers something we’ve been missing in midfield - can really carry the ball but also control the tempo of the match which is something neither McGinn no Ramsay offer. He had a few wanders across field which opened up space and a few pivots through traffic which kept the defenders guessing. 

Should keep his place.

Instead of who? I thought he had a good game but isn’t a starter for me just yet.

I like that he was upset. Shame he gave away the goal but that was probably lack of match sharpness.

I was hard on him in the match thread. He will lose his place and I don't blame him if he asks for a move on summer. 

28 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Gerrard/Coutinho were standing on the sidelines waiting to sub Coutinho on.

Ings was due to come off.

literally 5 seconds before the sub was due to be made, Sanson was passed a poor ball, he then passed that ball poorly to Mings, and it was intercepted, goal ensued.

Due to the 2-0 scoreline, Gerrard now didnt want to take a striker off, so he instantly took Sanson off, as he didnt want to "be seen taking a striker off, when we were now 2-0 down".

Sanson kicked the water bottles in personal frustration of his mistake.

Gerrard said he asked Sanson if it was the mistake or the substitution causing him to kick the bottles.

Sanson said it was the mistake.

Gerrard said no problem, i would kick the bottles too then.

All is well at Villa Park.

the end.

When they scored he was hitting the ground in frustration. He was distraught. He really does care.

Just now, CVByrne said:

I like that he was upset. Shame he gave away the goal but that was probably lack of match sharpness.

I was hard on him in the match thread. He will lose his place and I don't blame him if he asks for a move on summer. 

Why would he ask for a move?

14 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Erm… what?

Â