Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Yeahhhhh, no. No desire to see them promoted.

Agree I want them to stay Skint and irrelevant I remember the first time they got promoted and how they all came out of the woodwork with the car sticker brigade out in force

• Like 2

I hope that they're 10th around Christmas and flirting with the promotion places followed by the disappointment of signing no one in January before hitting a decline and finishing 18th

rinse and repeat every season until the end of time

I hated our games vs them, they're a massive chore, early kick off meaning early beers, early up to the game, huge police presence, cagey game which especially at their place was largely devoid of quality, ball ache to get out and get home, the 90 minute away game was a 10-12 hour day out

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Twice now their fans have invaded the pitch and made physical contact with our players (Enkleman and Jack) thankfully neither was hurt. I’ve no desire to see them have another go and sadly the reaction from every element of the club to the situation with Jack means I think it could happen again.

I’ve zero desire to play them, regardless of easy points or bragging rights. Wouldn’t bother me if we don’t play them for 10 years.

Add a few zeros to that figure and I’m with you 

• Like 2

If we never play this club of petty, spiteful, violent words removed again, I'll be pleased. It's not just any rivalry, as @TrentVilla says, twice they've confronted our players, and the response to the assault on Grealish was a disgrace, it wasn't even a slap on the wrist. It'll take someone seriously hurting one of our players before anything is done about it.

I genuinely hope they go bust, start FC Alliance of Small Heath, and see out their lives getting worked up about the big games with Nuneaton and Redditch. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, meregreen said:

They have nothing to lose. They know they’re shit, and simply come up with the usual excuses if they lose. If they win, they become nauseatingly unbearable, and live off their brief moments of glory for years.

Very much this.

They still crow about the Enckelman game, and that was a refereeing mistake anyway, but FFS that was nearly 20 years ago

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I agree.

The Grealish incident was bad but ultimately it could happen with a rogue fan of any club and the club can’t be defined by it as demonstrated by the Villa fan in the news recently.

What they can be judged on is how they respond to it and the response of the club and even their manager at the time was a disgrace. 

Not to mention the majority of their fans in the ground who's immediate reaction was to cheer.

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Not to mention the majority of their fans in the ground who's immediate reaction was to cheer.

True but honestly if a fan had run on at Villa Park and hit Savage back in the day a lot of people would have cheered.

An instant pack mentality reaction is one thing, people in positions of power making jokes having had plenty of time to reflect is something else entirely.

• Like 2

Â