Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Very much this.

They still crow about the Enckelman game, and that was a refereeing mistake anyway, but FFS that was nearly 20 years ago

They actually still wish each other "happy Enckleman day" - I've heard and seen it happen.

As for the 4-2 at our place (happy Scottish Cafu day !!) I saw a nose post a clip titled "9 minutes of heaven" on Twitter for the time they were 0-1 up 😂 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

True but honestly if a fan had run on at Villa Park and hit Savage back in the day a lot of people would have cheered.

An instant pack mentality reaction is one thing, people in positions of power making jokes having had plenty of time to reflect is something else entirely.

yeah and that is fair. just like the celebrations when dion nutted him. not agreeing with it, but many of our fans would do it too

but them singing about it afterwards even after they'd had time to digest it, and that freedom of the city banner, just showed them in their true colours

48 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

They actually still wish each other "happy Enckleman day" - I've heard and seen it happen.

We'd run out of days on the calendar if we commemorated all our humblings of them.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I hope that they're 10th around Christmas and flirting with the promotion places followed by the disappointment of signing no one in January before hitting a decline and finishing 18th

rinse and repeat every season until the end of time

I hated our games vs them, they're a massive chore, early kick off meaning early beers, early up to the game, huge police presence, cagey game which especially at their place was largely devoid of quality, ball ache to get out and get home, the 90 minute away game was a 10-12 hour day out

Yep, after our last 3 visits there It is a day out given the issues getting out. I’ve got home from Manchester quicker than I have from Small Heath and I only live in Dorridge!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Twice now their fans have invaded the pitch and made physical contact with our players

Maybe Martinez or Barkley next rime,  It wont end well for the small heath. 

You are right though,  they will try it again. 

I am unsure of the message their actions transmits though.

2 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Maybe Martinez or Barkley next rime,  It wont end well for the small heath. 

You are right though,  they will try it again. 

I am unsure of the message their actions transmits though.

What if next time a player is seriously hurt? Or what if one of our players hits back... so many serious issues. I’d much rather just not play them.

Anyway let’s hope they drop a few more places this evening.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

True but honestly if a fan had run on at Villa Park and hit Savage back in the day a lot of people would have cheered.

An instant pack mentality reaction is one thing, people in positions of power making jokes having had plenty of time to reflect is something else entirely.

Why would a fan need to do that when we had Dion? 

astonvillaaction_3090008k_trans_NvBQzQNj

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, meregreen said:

They have nothing to lose. They know they’re shit, and simply come up with the usual excuses if they lose. If they win, they become nauseatingly unbearable, and live off their brief moments of glory for years. There is no benefit to us in continually swatting them away like the irritating bugs they are. Yes, it’s nice to beat them, I’ve been watching us do it since the 1960s. But the very act of playing them ultimately gives them a reason to exist, indeed sometimes it seems like their only reason to pollute this City. So no, let them just wallow in their own irrelevance, and enjoy their desperate attempts to rise above their inherent mediocrity. We’ve got bigger fish to fry than those small fry.

Horrible period in the middle of that when we couldn’t get a result against them for love or Money

ha!

Six games, only three goals. None from open play.

One fluky win.

Losing again tonight.

Four yellows and a red card. Adam Clayton...isn't he in U2???

No goals for Hogan. Again.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Â