5 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

image.png

sporting life, 30th august 1905.

Also from the same article 

image.png.382bc4137462b904ed8425689eeb5ed9.png

I guess some things don't change!

In comparison

image.png.50027c6f8d80e01d731d99244d1a57f6.png

What they're inbred fans don't mention is the gentleman's agreement that no club would take the name of the city as a name, ie similar to London clubs, but the sty dwellers went against that.

8 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Imagine being one of them right now, looking across at us, 3 out of 3, 2nd in the prem, just absolutely demolished the self proclaimed best team in the world and the whole country demanding that our captain marvel - who they absolutely despise - be a regular starter for england. Villa are everywhere and being a nose right now must be absolutely sickening.

I took a glance at their match thread for the Denmark game and....look, i don't know why it should be any different, but 80% of their postings were STILL about "Greasy", with only one or two maximum saying he should've played.....the rest carried on with their bitter obsession against a player who didn't even get a chance to warm up, never mind actually play in that game !

Their hatred of "da Vile" even got one calling Southgate a DVB ! The mind boggles !

Edited by mottaloo
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

What they're inbred fans don't mention is the gentleman's agreement that no club would take the name of the city as a name, ie similar to London clubs, but the sty dwellers went against that.

Yep that's true. Might try and find the article stating that. 

• Thanks 1

Who in their right mind would enter into a "Gentlemans Agreement" with that load of words removed (yes, they were words removed in 1905 too).

Hoodwinked I tell thee

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Imagine being one of them right now, looking across at us, 3 out of 3, 2nd in the prem, just absolutely demolished the self proclaimed best team in the world and the whole country demanding that our captain marvel - who they absolutely despise - be a regular starter for england. Villa are everywhere and being a nose right now must be absolutely sickening.

It must be pretty maddening too that despite having the city in their name, they aren't the first club people think of when they talk about Birmingham clubs.

Thank every star in the sky that we didn't respond and go down the Birmingham United route. 

One of the most glorious sounding names in football would have been lost and millions of schoolkids wouldn't have been teased about Aston Vanilla. 

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Thank every star in the sky that we didn't respond and go down the Birmingham United route. 

One of the most glorious sounding names in football would have been lost and millions of schoolkids wouldn't have been teased about Aston Vanilla. 

Or Arseton Vilers in keeping with the thread subject matter

When you looks greasy blosers their team is really quite shit.  Quite puzzling how they are unbeaten given the teams they have played. 

Early days of course but i think they might have a good season...the quality in championship this year looks poor

Edited by Demitri_C

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

These jammy scumbags are going to get a stay of execution again aren’t they with a bailout from the PL.

I’d be very surprised if the PL bail out the Championship clubs when you’ve some very wealthy owners like those at Stoke in the league.

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

These jammy scumbags are going to get a stay of execution again aren’t they with a bailout from the PL.

Premier League we’re going to means test the clubs from the Championship, as a number of them had received substantial sums from player sales. So, logically, with their £30,000,000 from Bellingham, that would preclude them from any financial help. Hilarious.They’re just born losers.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I’d be very surprised if the PL bail out the Championship clubs when you’ve some very wealthy owners like those at Stoke in the league.

Likewise and that’s the issue with the championship, there’s a wide polarisation between stoke and say, Wycombe.

Hopefully any support for the championship clubs will be reviewed on a case by case basis because a number of them have been run terribly and are not deserving of a bailout even under these circumstances, IMO.

• Like 1

Â