Match Thread: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Wm coverage is absolutely appalling - has there been a handball?

We sound patchy, the bookings are a worry, Grealish seemed very quiet for the first half hour, Traore lively, Konsa and Mings sound a bit shaky.

Wolves are always better second half so we'll have to be very good to get anything out of this.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I don’t know if Traore is playing well or badly?! Can’t make my mind up! 

One good free kick and one world class touch that lead to nothing don't make up for the rest of the half, IMO. Hopefully he steps it up a gear in the second half.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I love the people silently reacting to my post about Grealish being a cheat, but not actually arguing the point. He gets fouled a lot, but he also cheats a lot, and that attempt to fall over in the box with nobody touching him was a **** embarrassment. 

No it wasn't. He got a slight shove in the back and his momentum took him over and he was actually trying to get to the ball and wiped out Coady in the follow through. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Lucky not to be 1-0 down here

Ramsey gets pushed off the ball much to easily for my liking.

This is the same for everyone bar Jack in our midfield. Their shielding of the ball is remarkably poor, and it seems like they are constantly telegraphing their turns to the opposition. It's a recurring theme with Luiz and McGinn I feel, they have very little composure facing their own goal. Does anyone else notice this from game to game? 

I’d say we edged the first 30 mins, then they dominated the next ten, before we got back into it. 

Mike Dean has been his usual self. That is, a smug word removed who doesn’t seem particularly interested in the game of football. Ruins the rythm of the game, and gives every 50/50 decision in their favour. I’m fine with the Saiss handball not given as a penalty, but you’d like to get equal treatment and for these things to even out at some point. 

We can beat these, but we need to be a little sharper on the ball and make better decisions in the attacking third. 

• Like 2