Happy Christmas or Something (2020)

Seat68

Cranberry sauce can feck the feck off, it's supposed to be redcurrant jelly with Turkey and not that American foul fruit slop

Cranberry is one dreadful tasting fruit, its got a taste that seems to suck all the moisture out of your mouth

Come the glorious day, Cranberry irradication will be high on my agenda

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Madness. 

I can't help it.  I just don't like it. A lot of people would say not liking The Beatles is madness. It's just the way I am built. 

2726720621dfd321f58ddbd843bad64b.gif

8 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

I’ve never seen Star Wars

Played this game in the office once with one of the 20 year old trainees, never listened to the beatles, never seen SW or the godfather etc etc 

The disbelief peaked when he said he'd never eaten spag bol

• Like 1

Really looking forward to the food as there are no work related dinners/lunches this year.

Christmas-Ham, Meatballs, Sausages, Potatoes, Mayo-caviar-shrimp-eggs, Jansson's temptation, Pickled herring, Gravlax, Ribs and the full monty evening of gastric acid.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/81/e1/88/81e188e5a4bf0ddd5e18db5d7a035ed1.jpg

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 4

Going to be an interesting one this year.

I'd decided to not go home (had planned 22nd-26th) as my parents are in a higher risk age group, and next year will be a mad one (moving into our house, getting married, getting a dog) and I would hate the thought of them not being able to experience of it, and I really need my parents there for it. Made this pain-staking decision, then Ryanair cancelled my flights 2 days later anyway :D 

So, Polish style. They do 24th December, with fish and no meat.

Then 25th, I'm doing an English style dinner for them. Turkey, pigs in blankets (can't get them so will have to make them), roasties, various veg, stuffing, cranberry sauce and gravy.

Today is Mikołajki (st.Nicholas day) so we've already traded some small gifts.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

One for the films thread, really, but ISTR several of our younger (compared to me) VTers saying they had never watched/wouldn't watch a black and white film. I still find that staggering. But then there's all the contemporary culture that completely passes me by, so I guess it cuts both ways. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

One for the films thread, really, but ISTR several of our younger (compared to me) VTers saying they had never watched/wouldn't watch a black and white film. I still find that staggering. But then there's all the contemporary culture that completely passes me by, so I guess it cuts both ways. 

Daughter, 32 would never watch a b/w film and has walked out of the room when I have put one on. She hates the start of Wizard of Oz. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Â