Happy Christmas or Something (2020)

Seat68

42 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Ordered and paid for my Walter Smith Butcher’s Xmas meat hamper yesterday. I’m set. 

We had a Turkey crown delivered on Wednesday so we’re ready to go. I’m predicting some scare mongering about Turkey shortages and people queueing outside Aldi at 4am Black Friday style.

• Like 1

Christmas shopping in town earlier.

I have to grudgingly admit, I actually quite liked it, the smell of the stalls selling food and the actual sound of laughing kids on the rides. As I was walking in to town, I was thinking it was all too early. As we were leaving and the lights were on and the rides running and the music playing, it was nice to hear some noise and some laughing.

Plus we managed to get a few decent presents from actual shops and stalls owned by actual people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My first Xmas in my own flat in Germany with the wife and my 6 month old daughter, we're still arguing over how to do Xmas day with the german weirdos believing that santa Claus sneaks in to your house at 6pm on the 24th whilst you eat dinner 🙄

We try and do both, something on the night of the 24th and then a full English Xmas on the 25th including fry up breakfast and Xmas Dinner, which I'm looking at going goose which I've never had before let alone tried cooking 

My parents are here for new years eve, last year was awesome, people piled in to the street with their own fireworks and just let them off, several different groups on my road all doing their own thing whilst I watched off my balcony 

The best thing is I've got 2 weeks off

• Like 3

Got to agree with @mjmooneythough.  I detest secret Santa's. A load of people buying stupid pointless presents for each other that nobody wants. As if Christmas isn't wasteful enough a load of unwanted presents being chucked away isn't going to help. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Surely only 5 more sleeps till @Xelatells us he has finished work for the year. 

Not a million miles away. 

I've got 3 and a half weeks to take before Xmas. I think i'll carry a week over but still plenty of time off to look forward to. Except I won't be going away this year. 

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Not a million miles away. 

I've got 3 and a half weeks to take before Xmas. I think i'll carry a week over but still plenty of time off to look forward to. Except I won't be going away this year. 

How much do you get each year?

I have 8.5 days to take so I’ll finish mid Dec.

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

How much do you get each year?

I have 8.5 days to take so I’ll finish mid Dec.

28 plus bank hols plus 5 carried over from previous year. I can buy 5 (or sell 5) as well but never take that option up. I always work Xmas as its dead and we always finish at lunchtime most days from Xmas Eve until NYE. 

Â