Happy Christmas or Something (2020)

Seat68

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

No it's not, the band sing the songs on the stage, it's an intrinsic part of the plot. They don't just start a scene, have a few lines of dialogue and just bust into song and start dancing around for no apparent reason

You sure? 

tenor.gif?itemid=12328019

• Haha 2

That said it was the only out of context song. I love musicals though so suspect for all the reasons Bicks hates, I love. I paid good money last year to see stage productions of Hair, Wizard of Oz and Cabaret. 

• Like 1

Harold Arlen was one of the greatest songwriters ever. Andrew Lloyd Webber is a plagiarist nob.

I think of Musicals as OST albums to listen to, rather than films to watch and they're easier to stomach.

From 'Man Of La Mancha'.

9 minutes ago, useless said:

The Muppet Christmas Carol is one of my all time favorite movies and one of my most watched.

I totally agree, and it's a notable exception to not one, but two of my personal betes noirs - modern musicals AND Charles Dickens. 

On a related note, there have been several pretty good film and TV adaptations of Jules Verne's 'Around the World in Eighty Days', but by far the best was the cartoon series 'Around the World With Willy Fog'. 

Â