Happy Christmas or Something (2020)

Seat68

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

No cranberry here, I'll probably stick some mustard on the side

I like the components of a roast too much to let the meat determine what I can and can't eat with it

Chicken / turkey / beef / pork / lamb I'm having stuffing and Yorkshires with it, mustard with all of them apart from lamb when the mint comes in 

Mustard? That's for roast beef only (and I prefer horseradish, anyway). 

We have bread sauce with turkey. And cranberry sauce. I'm indifferent to both, personally. 

Anyway, seeing as it's just me and 'er indoors this year, we're probably having duck. With apple sauce. Which I also tend to go easy on, as it interferes with the taste of red wine, imo. 

• Like 1

Generally it will be turkey for us... but there will be beef done as well as my folks tend to prefer that to turkey. 

Sprouts will be available but i'll pass on those. Dad like them though. 

Plenty of stuffing as well (insert kw.jpg)

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Quick, someone delete the last few posts before @blandygets here. 

He is allowed gravy here!

Mind you, he'll probably cover his xmas dinner in curry sauce :D 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Giving sprouts a miss this year as its just the 2 of us and I can't be bothered, the wife would want fried in butter with bacon and walnuts which i love but its hassle 

sprouts.gif

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Goose, roasties, sausage meat stuffing, pigs in blankets, dirty sprouts, curry sauce.

You were going so well till the curry sauce. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We have Sunday dinner most weeks in our house (perks of being married to a Yorkshire lass) so Christmas dinner has to be something a bit different, but still traditional. So it’s turkey wrapped in bacon, proper roasts done in goose fat, lots of pigs in blankets, some fancy stuffing, sprouts cooked in pancetta and pine nuts, red cabbage, carrots, parsnips, and some other veg, red wine gravy, and plenty of cranberry sauce for me. Nobody else likes it here, they all think it’s jam, the weirdos. 

Yorkshire puddings, mash, green beans should never be on a Christmas dinner IMHO.

• Like 2

I absolutely loathe Goose.  I absolutely love Turkey. Mrs Sidcow keeps going on about having goose one year. I have to keep steering her away from the idea. 

I love Christmas Dinner, my absolute favourite meal of the year. 

Roast Turkey, stuffing cooked in the juices, roast potatoes......glorious roast potatoes, mash, carrots, peas, roast parsnip, pigs in Blankets, Sprouts in bacon. 

CRACKERS, stupid jokes, hats that get your head warm even though they are made of tissue paper and have a hole in the top, silly toys. 

No pudding for me, can't stand mince pies or Christmas pud. Why would you leave room for any anyway when you can have more roasties? 

Only meal of the year I will probably drink wine with. 

It's my favourite day of the year, no question. 

Just taking a break from decorating the tree as I write this. Christmas song's on the ipod. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

We have Sunday dinner most weeks in our house (perks of being married to a Yorkshire lass) so Christmas dinner has to be something a bit different, but still traditional. So it’s turkey wrapped in bacon, proper roasts done in goose fat, lots of pigs in blankets, some fancy stuffing, sprouts cooked in pancetta and pine nuts, red cabbage, carrots, parsnips, and some other veg, red wine gravy, and plenty of cranberry sauce for me. Nobody else likes it here, they all think it’s jam, the weirdos. 

Yorkshire puddings, mash, green beans should never be on a Christmas dinner IMHO.

Nailed it

12 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Sausage meat stuffing is amazing stuff. 

I wasn’t even going to specify sausage meat ‘cause it’s not really stuffing without it, but I thought I should clarify. Will also contain chestnuts.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Yorkies Tick

Green Beans Tick 

Mash WTF? 

Got to have mash.  Essential part of any Sunday/Christmas/Easter dinner.  I couldn't live without mash on those dinners. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yorkies Tick

Green Beans Tick 

Mash WTF? 

Got to have mash.  Essential part of any Sunday/Christmas/Easter dinner.  I couldn't live without mash on those dinners. 

Don’t get me wrong, I do like mash, but not on a roast dinner. It’s just a filler, the sort of thing you have if you’re short of a few ingredients to bulk it out. I’d rather have another six roasties, stomach space is valuable and shouldn’t be wasted. 

• Like 4

Â