Happy Christmas or Something (2020)

Seat68

15 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Watched Bill Murray Scrooged, got to be one of the best Christmas movies around 

I'm saving it for a week or 2.  I'll probably watch the 3 episodes of that rather disappointing A Christmas Carol series they did with Mike from Neighbours first. 

Edited by sidcow

34 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm saving it for a week or 2.  I'll probably watch the 3 episodes of that rather disappointing A Christmas Carol series they did with Mike from Neighbours first. 

God wasnt it. Really very mediocre. 

There is a George C Scott version that was shot in Shrewsbury probably near the end of the 70s (84 it turns out) as they came asking at our school for extras. Saville also came asking for extras but thats a different tale. 

Edited by Seat68
Date checked
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

God wasnt it. Really very mediocre. 

There is a George C Scott version that was shot in Shrewsbury probably near the end of the 70s as they came asking at our school for extras. Saville also came asking for extras but thats a different tale. 

My mum remembers them filming that, I seem to think she told me she was there watching with me as a baby, which would make it very early 80’s. I might well have misremembered though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

My mum remembers them filming that, I seem to think she told me she was there watching with me as a baby, which would make it very early 80’s. I might well have misremembered though. 

A check tells me released in 84 so 83/84. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, useless said:

For the adaptation of Christmas Carol filmed in Shrewsbury they used St Chad's churchyard for the scene where Scrooge is shown his grave, and the headstone is still there to this day.

4.JPG

I watched this film last night. 

That headstone is ACE. might have to go there and take my photo next to it. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I watched this film last night. 

That headstone is ACE. might have to go there and take my photo next to it. 

FYI, it’s more or less in the middle of the grave yard. The first time I went looking for it I gave up as I had assumed it would be one of the upright headstones.

• Thanks 1

Off topic, but as the subject of fake Dickensian graves doesn’t often come up....

The Scrooge one in Shrewsbury isn’t the only Dickens-related grave in the area, there’s one for Little Nell from “The Old Curiosity Shop” at Tong church, just off Junction 3 on the M54. As far as I can gather this was put there by a verger in the early 1900’s purely to con tourists into visiting.

7DEB9AB2-79AC-4CB8-AA26-5E9424783C8E.jpeg

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Haha 2

Â