Happy Christmas or Something (2020)

Seat68

My Mom always gets me an aftershave for Christmas... something nice, and its a regular thing now. She must think I smell! Its not something I would ever buy myself so its nice. My Dad tends to just give me money as thats always good. I never really want anything and usually put the money into savings! 

As for what I get my folks... I just ask them. My parents pretty much buy what they want when they want so its always difficult. I'll take them out for a pub meal in the new year as well. 

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Same here. I mainly have to make up stuff I only have a passing interest in to be honest. 

It's not helped that I literally cannot remember the last time they made a movie or TV series I would like to own on DVD and there isn't much music around I have much interest in either. 

Most of my 20s/30s/40s I would have a big list of DVDs and CDs.  I used to deliberately not buy stuff I wanted to save it for the Christmas list

And it's doubly hard because my Birthday is 20th January so it's a joint list. 

Last year I had SO much aftershave that I've still got enough to last me till next year even though I religiously wear it everyday even if I'm only slobbing round the house. 

I'm going to have to go all in on a very expensive bottle of Whisky I think. 

Not necessarily very expensive, but decent malt whisky, port and sherry is on my list every year. New set of guitar strings, new bottles of ink for my printer. Stuff I'll buy anyway sooner or later, so why not let someone else pay? My list includes boring everyday items such as black or grey wool or cotton socks as well.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Genie said:

Pay the bill with the money they gave you for Christmas? :lol: 

Absolutely! 

Its funny really.. I might give the folks money for Christmas, they give me money and we all end up about level! :lol:

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

This is the kinda hard hitting journalism we need to ensure Christmas goes as well as it can.

Personally, I like the orange and strawberry ones so this ratio is fine by me. However the low number of purple ones is definitely disappointing.

Absolutely spooky but I was just going to make a post on something similar on another thread. I've got a tub of Quality Street and while I haven't audited it, the orange and strawberry cremes outnumber the purple ones and green triangles by a ratio of 3 or 4:1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Absolutely spooky but I was just going to make a post on something similar on another thread. I've got a tub of Quality Street and while I haven't audited it, the orange and strawberry cremes outnumber the purple ones and green triangles by a ratio of 3 or 4:1.

The green ones are the unfussy, workmanlike choice. The John McVie of the bunch. No one has them as their favourite, but you’d miss them if they weren’t there.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

The green ones are the unfussy, workmanlike choice. The John McVie of the bunch. No one has them as their favourite, but you’d miss them if they weren’t there.

I approve of this analogy. 
Meme Reaction GIF

• Like 1

I remember one Christmas in a kitchen cupboard I found a round tin with an whole dundee cake in it, so I had a slice.

Edited by useless
Without permission and it was late 🥵

Â