Happy Christmas or Something (2020)

Seat68

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

One of my favourite questions to baffle people with.  What else did Jona Lewie sing? You will know the song I promise you.  Yet no one seems to remember it was him. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

One of my favourite questions to baffle people with.  What else did Jona Lewie sing? You will know the song I promise you.  Yet no one seems to remember it was him. 

Stop the Cavalry

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I recall that recently from an advert? Was it IKEA or something similar?

6 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Yes and no.

Ikea, yes.

Ten years ago though  :wacko:

They did a full video for it as it turns out. 

Nice video. 10 years? Wowzers!

I'm just looking at the Zoo magazine photoshoot the 2 girls in the video did :ph34r:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mottaloo said:

IIRC you also have a similar gif of daffy duck....is there something about you we should know 😉

They just quack me up, that's all ;) 

• Haha 1

On 04/12/2020 at 15:31, It's Your Round said:

15. Yorkshire puddings do not belong on a Christmas dinner. 

I'm all for breaking tradition in this instance. Which leads me on to the next question. What is on your perfect Xmas dinner plate? 

For me it has to have yorkies, roasties, carrots and roast parsnips. Plus lots of pigs in blankets. 

• Like 1

My personal stance is if the roast potatoes are good, then more often than not I’ll have considered the meal a success. 

The rest of the meal has to be pretty bad to outweigh the positive of a handful of good roasties.

Anyway, the contents of the plate is nothing revolutionary. Turkey/chicken, roast potatoes, pigs in blankets, stuffing, peas, carrots (maybe parsnips) and onion gravy. 

Yorkshire puddings, if they’re there, fine. If not, I won’t be disappointed. 

I know cranberry sauce has been a contentious point on here. I like it, but again I can do with out.

Feeling hungry now.

• Like 1

No cranberry here, I'll probably stick some mustard on the side

I like the components of a roast too much to let the meat determine what I can and can't eat with it

Chicken / turkey / beef / pork / lamb I'm having stuffing and Yorkshires with it, mustard with all of them apart from lamb when the mint comes in 

Â