Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

39 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Does anyone on VillaTalk Tally up the Total spending power while weve been spending like they delve into the statistical match stuff?? Does our position affect our spending power in the league?? We must be alright with FFP, the club must be making a fair bit of extra quid and while weve spent a bit the promotion summer how much exactly did we spend summer gone it was less than previous right??? 

We bought Watkins- upto 33 million, Traore- 17 million, Cash- 14.18 million and the Ross Barkley loan- 11 million?? If there is anyone else I forgot but that's a fair bit less than our promotion season so I wonder if we have room to spend big on a signing or two in January. Doesnt spending power also increase the longer you stay in the premier league??

Martinez was about 20 too I think. 

• Like 1

Jonny Gould had a podcast in September with Dave Jordan which was an interesting listen. He was talking about approx. $130-150m pound to work with, but would restrict what we could spend next season if all spent.

Think there's money to buy, but probably holding fire, unless a target becomes available, or we move some players on in January.

6 hours ago, rayk said:

I’d like us to be more adventurous this coming window as much as possible.

Time for Lange to show his worth imo.

I mean I’m a novice but the following players in the following positions make sense to me.

LB:

Owen Windjal (AZ) £10m

Faitout Maouassa (Rennes) £10m

Melvin Bard (Lyon) £5m

Mitchel Bakker (PSG) £5m

A LCB would be nice but if Engels is not favoured Hause can be deputy dog LCB to Mings.

Which means Tuanzebe comes into the picture......and I think he’d be brilliant.

As for DCM there will be a few choices out there SHOULD Luiz ends back up at Man City.

But I think Lisandro Martinez (Ajax) - £15m could be the best option right now as he can cover CB and also DCM.

Answers on a postcard.

Thief!

I suggested Wijindal in the summer, I'm not sure he is good enough defensively though, worth the bet at 10m IMO, Tuanzebe is a no brainer..... All you needed to complete the set is Soumare from PSV (he moved there for 9 million euros in the summer absolute steal)

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Does anyone on VillaTalk Tally up the Total spending power while weve been spending like they delve into the statistical match stuff?? Does our position affect our spending power in the league?? We must be alright with FFP, the club must be making a fair bit of extra quid and while weve spent a bit the promotion summer how much exactly did we spend summer gone it was less than previous right??? 

We bought Watkins- upto 33 million, Traore- 17 million, Cash- 14.18 million and the Ross Barkley loan- 11 million?? If there is anyone else I forgot but that's a fair bit less than our promotion season so I wonder if we have room to spend big on a signing or two in January. Doesnt spending power also increase the longer you stay in the premier league??

Yes it increases but at the same time so does our wage bill, then there’s Covid costs and historical over spending in the league below.

No ones going to have a clue really except for the people in charge.

4 hours ago, thabucks said:

Or how about cheeky bid for Rúben Vinagre- not getting game time at Olympiacos, unwanted by Wolves and gets around the whole WP scenario I guess being a domestic transfer?! 

Olimpiakos have really soured on him.

Edited by maqroll
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Traores agent making noise because he's been relegated to a bit part player there and wants out 

Dont doubt wolves would sell if someone daft came in North of £30m

Still all flash no bang

Agreed, we should go for that Cillit fella instead, seen him wipe the floor with most full backs from the Turkish Süper Lig. 

1 hour ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Agreed, we should go for that Cillit fella instead, seen him wipe the floor with most full backs from the Turkish Süper Lig. 

Some may find it a sensitive issue, but I was stimulated to google him, but I couldn't find him no matter how hard I searched.

In conclusion I don't think Cillit exists.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

Dele Ali?

Not wanted by Jose.....

Also Jack's mate.

I’ve been so underwhelmed by him in an England shirt. 

Ive not seen him play much live or for Spurs though so maybe there is a player there. 

I wouldn’t be rushing out to spend much on him though. I think he’s going to be a big gamble for one club with his wages, price tag and current form. 

12 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

We really need cover on both wings, i wonder if we can find someone who can do that and provide a bit of competition. A james Milner type towards the end of their career

Or simply James Milner!

Totally contradicting myself after slating some for their obsession wit former players but id make an exception for him and Marc Albrighton.

56 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’ve been so underwhelmed by him in an England shirt. 

Ive not seen him play much live or for Spurs though so maybe there is a player there. 

I wouldn’t be rushing out to spend much on him though. I think he’s going to be a big gamble for one club with his wages, price tag and current form. 

Think its probably hard to judge just based on International tbf.

As its the same way I feel about Sancho whenever ive seen him, for England, but people seem to think he's the business.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJ said:

Some may find it a sensitive issue, but I was stimulated to google him, but I couldn't find him no matter how hard I searched.

In conclusion I don't think Cillit exists.

He has not been as popular since he dumped Barry Scott as his agent.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Or simply James Milner!

Totally contradicting myself after slating some for their obsession wit former players but id make an exception for him and Marc Albrighton.

Well it's what I was thinking as well, but didnt want to say. We need someone who can cover both full backs, high standards, quality on the ball and will fit nicely into the culture  created in the dressing room.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Or simply James Milner!

I’d be tempted. Do you think the cryochambers in our training ground have a ‘hypersleep’ setting?

• Haha 1

Not sure we'll see any incomings - unless there are some genuine bargains to be had. Some clubs are really struggling with Covid destroying their income, and as much as I don't like the thought of us taking advantage - I would love us to take advantage! 
Plus with Heaton and Wesley back soon, the squad is looking stronger now than it was at game 1. 

I am sure the big focus is on next summer - there's a fair few we will need to move on over the next 6 months and I can imagine another 5 coming in for the £100m combined fee again (Barkley, LB, CM, winger, CB), plus perhaps a replacement for Luiz. 

19 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Not sure we'll see any incomings - unless there are some genuine bargains to be had. Some clubs are really struggling with Covid destroying their income, and as much as I don't like the thought of us taking advantage - I would love us to take advantage! 
Plus with Heaton and Wesley back soon, the squad is looking stronger now than it was at game 1. 

I am sure the big focus is on next summer - there's a fair few we will need to move on over the next 6 months and I can imagine another 5 coming in for the £100m combined fee again (Barkley, LB, CM, winger, CB), plus perhaps a replacement for Luiz. 

I’m pretty excited about next summer. Assuming we do reasonably well in the league, and it looks at the moment like we will, we’ll be more of a draw for some top talent.

As always keeping Jack will be important, but we’ve been making steady progress and as long as we can get Gareth to include him in the England squad, I don’t see why he’d want to go anywhere. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Or simply James Milner!

So were talking about bringing former players back all of a sudden, sure bring Adama back as well shall we??