Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

A few mentioned Tyreese Campbell earlier. Two problems.....

(1) He’s probably out for the season with an injury.

(2) Because we paid £27m (min) for Watkins any half decent ST in the Championship is being quoted at £25m.

If he wasn’t injured and was available for £15m then fair dos but otherwise......not for me ATM. 

20 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

It will be interesting to see who we go after in Jan. 

For me the top priority is a Left back. Targett might get injured.

I’m sure Smith would like Rico Henry but handing more cash to Brentford at the usual high price is probably something we don’t want to do in January. 

• Like 1

Pretty certain that we won't be going for Brandon Williams, we won't be looking for somone to replace Targett in the starting eleven and Williams wouldn't come to us as backup, and even if he would, United would still probably want £20m plus for him and we won't be paying that for a reserve left back.

Edit: Just read that Man Utd only want to loan him out, which makes it even more unlikely as they're not going to loan him to us only for him not to play.

Not a great suggestion.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, rayk said:

A few mentioned Tyreese Campbell earlier. Two problems.....

(1) He’s probably out for the season with an injury.

(2) Because we paid £27m (min) for Watkins any half decent ST in the Championship is being quoted at £25m.

If he wasn’t injured and was available for £15m then fair dos but otherwise......not for me ATM. 

Didn’t realise he was now out for the season with a knee injury.  Shame, as he’s a promising player. 

Great suggestion for Tyrese Campbell, from what I've seen he's a good player with potential to get better, don't think he'd cost more than say £15m either, with Watkins it was different as he was more proven and watching him play it was obvious that he'd make it in the premier league, which was why there was a number of clubs wanting to sign him.

Just a shame about Campbell's injury, although I doubt we'll be going for a wide forward in January anyway, someone to play through the middle more likely.

Omar Richards at Reading is linked with Everton, Palace, Brighton.

Jay Dasliva at Bristol, Chelsea academy product.

Or a for a very obscure option you've got Liberato Cacace a 20 year old kiwi in the belgian league

22 minutes ago, useless said:

Great suggestion for Tyrese Campbell, from what I've seen he's a good player with potential to get better, don't think he'd cost more than say £15m either, with Watkins it was different as he was more proven and watching him play it was obvious that he'd make it in the premier league, which was why there was a number of clubs wanting to sign him.

Just a shame about Campbell's injury, although I doubt we'll be going for a wide forward in January anyway, someone to play through the middle more likely.

Arguably he has more potential, given he’s only 20/21 whereas Watkins is 24/25, which probably explains why even though he’s less ‘proven’ Stoke more likely to demand £25m than £15m.

Apart from anything else, it means we should send Davis out to the Champs just so that we can work out how much he’s worth.

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

It will be interesting to see who we go after in Jan. 

For me the top priority is a Left back. Targett might get injured.

We really need cover on both wings, i wonder if we can find someone who can do that and provide a bit of competition. A james Milner type towards the end of their career

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Christian Erikson wants to leave Inter in January. Inter have agreed- Just saying!!!

Would rather take Takefuso Kubo from Real Madrid as hes struggling for minutes at VillaReal and the loan could be cut short.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cheltenham_villa said:

We really need cover on both wings, i wonder if we can find someone who can do that and provide a bit of competition. A james Milner type towards the end of their career

Get Real Madrid to cut Kubo's loan short which they are on about due to him not getting enough mins at VillaReal, sure something could be worked out.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Would rather take Takefuso Kubo from Real Madrid as hes struggling for minutes at VillaReal and the loan could be cut short.

So if he’s struggling for minutes at VillaReal what makes you think a 19 year old winger would get more minutes with us?

10 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Still annoys me Justin went to Leicester

His choice, something for him to regret over the coming years for me. Like Alli he made his choice and I for one, would be reluctant to give either of them another opportunity to turn us down. 

I’d like us to be more adventurous this coming window as much as possible.

Time for Lange to show his worth imo.

I mean I’m a novice but the following players in the following positions make sense to me.

LB:

Owen Windjal (AZ) £10m

Faitout Maouassa (Rennes) £10m

Melvin Bard (Lyon) £5m

Mitchel Bakker (PSG) £5m

A LCB would be nice but if Engels is not favoured Hause can be deputy dog LCB to Mings.

Which means Tuanzebe comes into the picture......and I think he’d be brilliant.

As for DCM there will be a few choices out there SHOULD Luiz ends back up at Man City.

But I think Lisandro Martinez (Ajax) - £15m could be the best option right now as he can cover CB and also DCM.

Answers on a postcard.