Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

2 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

Not sure we'll see any incomings - unless there are some genuine bargains to be had. Some clubs are really struggling with Covid destroying their income, and as much as I don't like the thought of us taking advantage - I would love us to take advantage! 
Plus with Heaton and Wesley back soon, the squad is looking stronger now than it was at game 1. 

I am sure the big focus is on next summer - there's a fair few we will need to move on over the next 6 months and I can imagine another 5 coming in for the £100m combined fee again (Barkley, LB, CM, winger, CB), plus perhaps a replacement for Luiz. 

I think it will be 3 for abit over 100 mill. Have a feeling we will see some real nice names join us that improve on what we brought in this season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Tuanzebe would certainly be a upgrade to hause/engels but his injury record is atrocious.

Think we need a quality left back to challenge targett come summer a long with a likely replacement for luiz

Thought Taunzebe played on the right for us and was a RB.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That was just part of Bruce's RB fettish 

Can cover there but he's a CB by trade 

I thought he did very good for us as RB, very fast down the wing but did have some outage time due to injury. Let's face it whoever grabs him for the time he can play and you can get game time from him I think they will get a good bargain.

Zebe is a very good player who does give his all even if its costly to his body, I wouldn't say no to him joining us and playing the right again, especially if we let Elmo go, we will need someone like him.

If Zebs is a good price why not, Maybe he will keep Cash watching his back.

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

If Zebs is a good price why not

There lies the problem

Would be surprised if utd would accept less than £15m for him and with his injury record and lack of playing I don't think he's worth it

His chance to join villa permanently ended the minute he signed that new contract 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Tuanzebe would certainly be a upgrade to hause/engels but his injury record is atrocious.

Think we need a quality left back to challenge targett come summer a long with a likely replacement for luiz

20/21 Unknown Injury Jul 3, 2020 Sep 1, 2020 60 days 10Manchester United
19/20 Hamstring Injury Dec 18, 2019 Feb 27, 2020 71 days 18Manchester United
19/20 Hip Injury Oct 19, 2019 Nov 17, 2019 29 days 7Manchester United
18/19 Metatarsal Fracture Dec 22, 2018 Mar 29, 2019 97 days 17Aston Villa

That is his injury record, it isn't horrendous and they aren't the same injuries which is the most important thing.

foot bone, hip, hamstring.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, paul514 said:

That is his injury record, it isn't horrendous and they aren't the same injuries which is the most important thing.

I thought you was leading up to a Nina Simone song...........

35 minutes ago, paul514 said:

If he's not injured then he's not getting a sniff at utd through managers choice which is even worse 

18 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Don’t think it’s the right signing for us

Would rather have Dele Alli as he looked v. good last night but is in the process of being pushed out. His performance last night have actually led to the Spurs fans backing him but he will go somewhere as once Jose's mind is made up its made up. 

Unfortunaltey he's being linked with PSG and the like so the chances of him coming to us are zilch.

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If he's not injured then he's not getting a sniff at utd through managers choice which is even worse 

Perhaps but we have seen him play for an extended period and know what qualities he does and doesn’t possess.

He is 100% an upgrade on Engels and House 

27 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Would rather have Dele Alli as he looked v. good last night but is in the process of being pushed out. His performance last night have actually led to the Spurs fans backing him but he will go somewhere as once Jose's mind is made up its made up. 

Unfortunaltey he's being linked with PSG and the like so the chances of him coming to us are zilch.

Destined for PSG and Poch if you ask me.