Match Thread: Villa v Southampton

limpid

4 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Well, we conceded two goals to a player who scores free kicks like taking a penalty. He’s renowned for his ability. I’m sure it’s not beyond the wit of man to have a defender pre-prepared to go to a post as soon as the whistle is blown! What’s the worst that could have happened, concede a goal?!

You’re totally wrong. If it were a thing you might see it happen once or twice - you dont

2 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Could easily be 4-4.

Their goalie has played well.  We are far better second half but 4-0 down is incredible to come back from but if we had scored 2 or 3 this second half they couldn’t have complained.

Just now, TRO said:

we have been second best all over the pitch.....thats where the the inititiative has been surrendered and the game lost....just like Leeds they never stop running and harassing andwe can't cope with that intensity......its a team thing.

It is a huge failure of our coaches that we can't. This is what the premier league is now - teams either dominate possession or play a high press. Somehow we've ended up being the shite team in the middle-ground.

Just now, est1874 said:

It is a huge failure of our coaches that we can't. This is what the premier league is now - teams either dominate possession or play a high press. Somehow we've ended up being the shite team in the middle-ground.

Because of 2 games? 

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

We do **** all from corners. And I blame Rob. Since he started saying it on here, I can't remember seeing us score on a corner. 

He was saying it a long time before he joined this forum mate 😂

What jumps out at me is we were 4 down, and we didn't change a thing tactically. An enforced sub due to injury, and other than that, we just left it as it was. We may as well not have a bench.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Yes but you are ignoring why he was out of position.

Disagree, I understand why he's been dragged over but he's still ended up marking space rather than his man, he drifted too far over and then misjudged the ball 

He has to give that free kick away, the handball isn't the mistake, the handball is because of the mistake he'd already made 

Edited by villa4europe