Match Thread: Villa v Southampton

limpid

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Agree and disagree

Cash has to give away a free kick because he messed up his position, he doesn't hand ball it they have a 1v1

Luiz one there is more to do but kind of the same, the free kick isn't the mistake, the shit positioning meanj g they have to foul is the mistake 

Cash wasn't out of position - Mings was on the sideline and Konsa followed him across. Both centre backs were between the side of the 18 yard box and the sideline, that's how far across the pitch they drifted. That's where Targett and Grealish should be - not centre backs. It was appalling from them. Cash was 1 v 2 and way too exposed. He made a bad decision because he should've seen red. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Hats off to Trez, he is the least deserving to be dropped this season, he has been our best player since post lock down. So unlucky today.

That's a reflection of Smith's naivety.

Just now, est1874 said:

Killed off in the Alieniest recently. Is Conor a better actor than football player though...? Time will tell I suppose 🤔

lol, probably shouldn't have omitted the comma.

29 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

How often do you see a man on the line? I tell you - never! because then the attacking side can put players behind the wall and in front of the keeper. 

Well, we conceded two goals to a player who scores free kicks like taking a penalty. He’s renowned for his ability. I’m sure it’s not beyond the wit of man to have a defender pre-prepared to go to a post as soon as the whistle is blown! What’s the worst that could have happened, concede a goal?!