Match Thread: Villa v Southampton

limpid

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

It is a huge failure of our coaches that we can't. This is what the premier league is now - teams either dominate possession or play a high press. Somehow we've ended up being the shite team in the middle-ground.

We simply can't press with any conviction and we just stand off opponents while they run around getting their foot in......we have had 8/9 days to prepare for this and sadly some of us knew this was coming.....we are alarmingly open in our approach.

• Like 2

I’ll throw this out there in a slight defence of Watkins; he seems to have stopped making the runs he was making in the first 3-4 games of the season, and I do wonder if that is related to not receiving the ball from Grealish when it’s been the glaringly obvious pass to make on 3 or more occasions, ie I do think Grealish is trying to do too much 

Just now, Digavilla said:

Watkins is just not an out & out striker ,  he’s was successful as winger when Maupay was in the center .. maybe can tried Watkins in the wings & put Davis on as striker 

thats what I was thinking, but that doesn't bode well for the future.....we look totally lightweight as a team.

• Like 1