Match Thread: Villa v Southampton

limpid

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

On balance of play this is never a 4-1 game. 3 unbelievable finishes and poor marking for the first has done it for us.

Much better second half. Shame about the result

we've looked better because southampton are 4-1 up and coasting. If they needed to play better they've got gears to go up and smash us

• Like 1

I think concerns about the consecutive losses are greater because of how similar the performances have been to our dreadful run last season where we weren’t just poor, we were catastrophically bad. There’s very little pressing, movement or any sense of urgency. Attitudes look poor and we don’t seem to have any discernible tactics other than give it to Jack with nearly all our attacks come down the left. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

Cash wasn't out of position - Mings was on the sideline and Konsa followed him across. Both centre backs were between the side of the 18 yard box and the sideline, that's how far across the pitch they drifted. That's where Targett and Grealish should be - not centre backs. It was appalling from them. Cash was 1 v 2 and way too exposed. He made a bad decision because he should've seen red. 

He was out of position, he wasn't tight enough, hence why he under jumped the ball an needed to use his hand

• Confused 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

We actually could have won this, even with a 4 goal setback, but their keeper has been immense.

Sounds like they’re keeper has kept two full on goals out with finger tip saves. On another day they’d probably go in

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Watkins would be slaughtered every game if he hadn't bagged a hat trick v Liverpool. He's been poor in the last three games. 

I blame the supporting cast and tactics.

Imagine if it was Wesley?

If i'm honest i'm less inclined to blame the strikers.

They can't all be garbage.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

We actually could have won this, even with a 4 goal setback, but their keeper has been immense.

We don't say that very often.

Oh...we actually do.