PPV for Villa Games

Ouchmefoot

23 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Nfl charges a lot but you can replay any game at any time, see specific highlights from multiple angles. 

As limpid said, for the price quoted, I would expect post-match replay, multiple specific angles, choice of audio etc etc 

At least it will be better than the Carabao cup coverage. £10 for no commentary and single camera angle, no replays at half time. THAT was daylight robbery. 

Does anyone know why all the 'non scheduled SKY/BT tv games' ko times are still going to be staggered or when they go back to Sat 3pm ?

If they are going to PPV I don't see the need for the ko times to be all over the place. 

Maybe there's a plan to do this and i've missed it, but I would like to see the games that are not part of the Sky/BT schedule go back to 3pm to enhance my Saturday sport enjoyment.

3 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Does anyone know why all the 'non scheduled SKY/BT tv games' ko times are still going to be staggered or when they go back to Sat 3pm ?

If they are going to PPV I don't see the need for the ko times to be all over the place. 

Maybe there's a plan to do this and i've missed it, but I would like to see the games that are not part of the Sky/BT schedule go back to 3pm to enhance my Saturday sport enjoyment.

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

staggering kick off times means that people with more money than sense will buy the game even if they are not a supporter of either side

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

In the US I get every match for every team for $10 a month.

Good value. In the UK I guess the PL prefer to fleece the 'fans' whilst rich business folks who don't care about football count their money!

25 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

Apparently we were the catalyst for all this.

"The Villa v Liverpool match — shown at 7.15pm on a Sunday as an extra — was the final straw. 

"The fact Villa won 7-2 and everyone ended up talking about it all over the world tipped them over the edge."

Frankly that sounds like utter bolllox, and if they are using that as a justification, they know that they are on very dodgy ground.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, imavillan said:

It was introduced a long time ago to maintain crowds at other (lower) league clubs. It was agreed by the original Football League and I suspect that as the Premier League inherited the agreement, that it would require a vote of all 92 clubs to change it.

Football exists outside of the top flight :mrgreen:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, limpid said:

It was introduced a long time ago to maintain crowds at other (lower) league clubs. It was agreed by the original Football League and I suspect that as the Premier League inherited the agreement, that it would require a vote of all 92 clubs to change it.

yeah, i understand all that in trying to maintain attendances at other grounds but at the moment nobody can go. So it will hardly make a difference.

17 hours ago, limpid said:

Yeah but it isn't as if we can go to those games anyway

On 13/10/2020 at 13:53, imavillan said:

yeah, i understand all that in trying to maintain attendances at other grounds but at the moment nobody can go. So it will hardly make a difference.

The EFL clubs currently sell their home streams for £10. This goes some way towards what they are not getting through the turnstiles. The numbers paying to watch EFL games at 3pm on a Saturday may be reduced, if there are PL games kicking off at the same time.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, John said:

The EFL clubs currently sell their home streams for £10. This goes some way towards what they are not getting through the turnstiles. The numbers paying to watch EFL games at 3pm on a Saturday may be reduced, if there are PL games kicking off at the same time.

Really? I mean I'm not sure about anyone else but I barely followed the PL at all when we were in the Championship, surely the only people paying a tenner to watch a championship game are fans of one of the teams playing, and as fans surely they wouldn't be swayed into missing their team play and paying £15 to watch a random PL game instead? 

When we were in the Championship if I was given a choice to watch a Villa game for £10, or any other PL game for free I'd choose the Villa game, make the PL game £15 and the number of people making that choice must be so miniscule as to not make a difference to anyone. Also as a fan of a PL team the chances of me paying £10 to watch a championship game are equally minuscule. 

Saying all that, I really don't care about 3pm Saturday games, I work Saturdays and tend to miss the 3pm ones, the ones that kick off later I get to see so I'm all for them! 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 14:33, Loxstock92 said:

Apparently we were the catalyst for all this.

"The Villa v Liverpool match — shown at 7.15pm on a Sunday as an extra — was the final straw. 

"The fact Villa won 7-2 and everyone ended up talking about it all over the world tipped them over the edge."

Yes its our fault. Lets make it a dull 1-0 against Leicester 

8 hours ago, weedman said:

Really? I mean I'm not sure about anyone else but I barely followed the PL at all when we were in the Championship, surely the only people paying a tenner to watch a championship game are fans of one of the teams playing, and as fans surely they wouldn't be swayed into missing their team play and paying £15 to watch a random PL game instead? 

When we were in the Championship if I was given a choice to watch a Villa game for £10, or any other PL game for free I'd choose the Villa game, make the PL game £15 and the number of people making that choice must be so miniscule as to not make a difference to anyone. Also as a fan of a PL team the chances of me paying £10 to watch a championship game are equally minuscule. 

Saying all that, I really don't care about 3pm Saturday games, I work Saturdays and tend to miss the 3pm ones, the ones that kick off later I get to see so I'm all for them! 

I'm with you on this, I don't watch many televised PL or EFL games, in which we are not playing and I would not PPV to watch one. Some fans who would otherwise pay to see Oldham, Tranmere or Orient might though, say if they supported one of those teams, but the rest of their household followed the local (or not local) PL team for example. There is also the 3pm Saturday slot that has been mentioned already above, which I also feel we may be obliged not to use, whether or not we can get to games ourselves. I don't suppose these PPV games can clash with normal televised Sky/BT games either. I guess it is all about fitting these PPV games into whatever slots they can find to maximise whatever money they can get back from them.  

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Anyone know how the hell I'm supposed to watch this (legally) without a sky box?

I think you can do it via Now TV even if you haven’t got a sky box but have a smart tv (or even in a tablet if you’re stuck). 
Now TV Help

Watch the biggest boxing fights, plus Premier League matches that aren't available on the Sky Sports Pass, live through your NOW TV Box or NOW TV Smart Stick with the Sky Sports Box Office app. 

Don't have a NOW TV device? Watch through your PC, Mac, smartphone or tablet instead.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think you can do it via Now TV even if you haven’t got a sky box but have a smart tv (or even in a tablet if you’re stuck). 
Now TV Help

Edit - ignore me. 

Looks viable, thanks dude. But you'd think they might want to make this as clear as possible for people. 

What a bizarre situation.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Edit - ignore me. 

Looks viable, thanks dude. But you'd think they might want to make this as clear as possible for people. 

What a bizarre situation.

They don’t really push the Now TV thing as much as they could as I suspect it would lead to people cancelling subscriptions and only paying per game or per movie, etc. And they would rather tie you in to a contract. 

On 12/10/2020 at 21:41, limpid said:

3pm Saturday afternoon and you have a case

villa playing Leicester at 7.15 rather than 2pm Sunday doesn't wash though, we aren't clashing with anyone, great for the states though

Edited by villa4europe

So just to clarify, if I don't have a sky box but can access now TV on my smart telly, do I need to purchase a sky sports subscription before I can get a PPV match. Or can i just pay the £15 as a one off?

May be a moot point as I imagine ill be going for paddle down a wee river on Sunday instead but would be nice to understand my options

Â