Pre-match Thread

alreadyexists

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Leicester are a very good side but seem a little inconsistent at the moment, so depends which version we are facing. 

My post was more meant as a comment on how hard leeds will be currently, rather than a slight on Leicester. 

Just now, Nigel said:

My post was more meant as a comment on how hard leeds will be currently, rather than a slight on Leicester. 

I know but if Leicester are on song they are a significantly better side than Leeds in my view, personally I don’t think Leeds are as good as the media make out.

• Like 1

Just now, TrentVilla said:

I know but if Leicester are on song they are a significantly better side than Leeds in my view, personally I don’t think Leeds are as good as the media make out.

I just think Leicester will take us a bit more for granted after last season, even taking last weekend's results into consideration. 

There seems to be a bit extra riding on the leeds game, an unknown motivator, not unlike a derby situation. This combined with their early season form marks it out as a dangerous fixture.

They will both be really tricky, just if someone had a gun to my head I'd pick Leicester as the win.

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I just think Leicester will take us a bit more for granted after last season, even taking last weekend's results into consideration. 

There seems to be a bit extra riding on the leeds game, an unknown motivator, not unlike a derby situation. This combined with their early season form marks it out as a dangerous fixture.

They will both be really tricky, just if someone had a gun to my head I'd pick Leicester as the win.

I don’t think anyone playing us after the Liverpool game will take us for granted. While some in the media might talk about the length of grass it was obvious to anyone watching we took them apart tactically.

The stuff with Leeds is mainly just online fans as opposed to the players and staff.  I think they’ve been over praised personally and they are going to get a tonking from someone sooner or later. 

• Like 2

Will be a really hard game. After our Liverpool performance teams will be looking out for us. 
Plus 2/3 of starting midfield have played over 180 minutes the last week and even our back up has done so. Hopefully, Leicester are affected just as much 

17 hours ago, gurru991 said:

No. it's not just about wealthy owners but it certainly helps to have them.Just saying.

Absolutely. Under Tony Xia we still had the fanbase and heritage, but we were in deep shit financially and it very nearly wiped us out. 

We now have no excuses. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately I think we will get beat here and I think Vardy will be the main difference - They battered us twice in the league last season and he scored half of their eight goals in those matches - I'm just not convinced we will be able to stop him (again).

I would definitely take a point if offered now, in some ways that result would make the Leeds love-in not quite as bad should we then lose to them the week after (You can imagine the media frenzy should they beat us after we'd won 4 out of 4!) - Mind you it will still be bad.

4 points from the next two would be fantastic.

58 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Unfortunately I think we will get beat here and I think Vardy will be the main difference - They battered us twice in the league last season and he scored half of their eight goals in those matches - I'm just not convinced we will be able to stop him (again).

How do teams even stop Vardy? The only team who I get the impression he always struggles against is Wolves but I don't know if that's just a psychological bogey team type thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WakefieldVillan said:

If Vardy is on fire, its very hard to stop him.   

Leicester are a very good team on their day... we will need to be on top form and hope they are not (or at least Vardy is having an off day)

• Like 1

I find it funny the amount of fans of other sides who keep referring to us as that shit team who stayed up because of hawkeye and pay little attention to the fact we evolved overnight into the side that should have had double figures against Liverpool and have improved tenfold defensively. We are Night and day from last season. Leicester is a tricky fixture to negotiate, but we definitely have the tools now to match up with anyone.

What a difference going in to every game with the realistic possibility of getting three points!

Like someone said before, Leicester have been inconsistent so it depends which side we'll face.

Same team as last time of course.

8 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I find it funny the amount of fans of other sides who keep referring to us as that shit team who stayed up because of hawkeye and pay little attention to the fact we evolved overnight into the side that should have had double figures against Liverpool and have improved tenfold defensively. We are Night and day from last season. Leicester is a tricky fixture to negotiate, but we definitely have the tools now to match up with anyone.

If that's their stance i hope they have a good answer to Barkley and Jack running at them and feeding balls to Watkins.

32 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If that's their stance i hope they have a good answer to Barkley and Jack running at them and feeding balls to Watkins.

Soyuncu and Evans are 2 of the best centre backs in the league I think. They finished 5th last season for a reason, they should’ve finished higher but for a dip in form at the end of the season cost them. This won’t be an easy game, far from it, they’re an established Premier League now

31 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Soyuncu and Evans are 2 of the best centre backs in the league I think. They finished 5th last season for a reason, they should’ve finished higher but for a dip in form at the end of the season cost them. This won’t be an easy game, far from it, they’re an established Premier League now

Stop Vardy and you stop Leicester.

Key is not letting Vardy run in behind the defence. Need a deep defensive line and just counter them.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Key is not letting Vardy run in behind the defence. Need a deep defensive line and just counter them.

Didn’t see any of the West Ham game but looking at the possession stats I’m guessing they played the same way.

13 hours ago, villalad21 said:

They have plenty of other attacking outlets like Maddison, Barnes, Perez. This won’t be an easy game, far from it