Pre-match Thread

alreadyexists

10 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’m sure they’ve tried that trick before as well. It wouldn’t surprise me if a few of their injury doubts recover to make it on to the team sheet. 

I think the same. 

I also think this will be a harder game than any we have played so far, could be our first defeat.

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

If you're not going to be optimistic when possibly 6 of Leicester first team are out or playing not 100% when are you going to be. 

Never. I'm a born pessimist. Life is more bearable that way. Especially as a Villa fan. Hope for the best but expect the worst. And never tempt fate, especially in front of opposition fans. Remember that video of the Irish Liverpool  fan last week? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/oct/17/leicester-aston-villa-match-preview-premier-league 

If that's Leicester defence tomorrow I can't see us not scoring at least once. Morgan must be claiming his pension by now!

Trouble is, our best player is really slow apparently, sort of evens it up a bit.

Shhhhhh, dont tell anyone Jack is faster then Speedy Gonzales.

• Like 1

On 07/10/2020 at 12:26, kidlewis said:

are able to get ahead of the game before Heston and Wesley get back to try and challenge positions a bit more that will aid things further.

To  be fair at this point in our development I'm not so much worried about competition for the head Chef.  I'm sure we can move the food quality forward once we're solidly re-established in the PL. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Trouble is, our best player is really slow apparently, sort of evens it up a bit.

Shhhhhh, dont tell anyone Jack is faster then Speedy Gonzales.

Our captain will be fired up for this after the England snub me thinks! 

Edited by VillaFaninLondon
  • Like 1

Just noticed Lawro's prediction for the game from the BBC football site: 

"Aston Villa have won three out of three league games, but it might all come crashing down this weekend. Leicester were taken apart by West Ham last time out, but I'd expect them to be back on it on Sunday. Jamie Vardy will be rested and raring to go after the international break and I wouldn't be surprised if he scores at least once for the Foxes."

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Rema's prediction: 5-1

He really can't get over last weekend's result can he?  As for "singer, rapper, Afrobeat star and Manchester United fan Rema"...:rolleyes:

Edited by John
  • Haha 3

On 08/10/2020 at 14:58, Wainy316 said:

Yep, the first four games earned Lambert and Gabby new contracts and then we didn't win again in what felt like forever.

God I remember it like yesterday. 

I was so relieved thinking he was approaching the end of his contract so we could get rid of him for no cost. Then out of the blue because of a couple of good results contract extension. I was staggered. 

To a lesser extent the new contract for Gabby seemed well OTT as he was clearly on the slide too. 

Edited by sidcow