Pre-match Thread

alreadyexists

Referee: Jonathan Moss. 

Assistants: Harry Lennard, Dan Robathan. 

Fourth official: Darren England. 

VAR: Graham Scott. 

Assistant VAR: Timothy Wood.

Someone had to start one... 

I think we will line up the same as against Liverpool, and I’d imagine there would be no arguments from most fans I suspect as you can’t really change a side that thumped the champions 7-2! 

This will be another tough game, but I think we can be defensively rigid enough to stifle their attacks and at the same time I think we can cause them problems. 

BOF : Ninja edit

This feels like a massive game, if we could somehow win this (why not after what west ham did to them) the run of 6-7 games aren't too bad afterwards, we really could be amongst the top 4 after 10 games then who knows what happens after that.

Having said that i would take a point right now to be honest.

I think revenge is high on the agenda for this one. After they hammered us on my birthday just before lockdown, I hope we tear them a new one this time. I want to see Vardy crying tears of red bull and amphetamine at full time as Villa celebrate another outstanding three points, and I want to hear Brendan Rodgers telling the press that he wanted to sign McGinn, but that he’s sadly out of their league now. 

Something to look forward to hey :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I think the last game laid to rest the concept of any game being a 'free hit'.

We now know we can beat anybody, and the better the opponent, the greater the impact on the overall feel within the club.
Conversely, the lesser the opponent is perceived, the greater the impact of an adverse result will impact.

So, based upon such learned thoughts - just **** beat them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

We will really know where we stand as a team after the next 3 matches - Leicester, Leeds and Southampton. 

Have to expect the exact same starting side as against Liverpool. 

All games are tough but exactly like you said, these are a good measure to see where we are as a team. Super excited 

Don't think they will take us lightly after the Liverpool game. They will be all over Jack that's for sure, it's a big game for the others to create. Vardy on his day can destroy any defense, Barnes is looking good as well. I would accept the draw now tbh. 2-2, subject to no injuries to our internationals. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I think revenge is high on the agenda for this one. After they hammered us on my birthday just before lockdown, I hope we tear them a new one this time. I want to see Vardy crying tears of red bull and amphetamine at full time as Villa celebrate another outstanding three points, and I want to hear Brendan Rodgers telling the press that he wanted to sign McGinn, but that he’s sadly out of their league now. 

I agree..

REVENGE !!!! 😬

• Like 1

9 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

genuinely would not be surprised if he is a massive coke head. Looks wired every time he plays

Another difficult test for the lads. Leicester will be champing at the bit after not getting a shot on target against West Ham.

Glad it is another week away, get to bask in the glory of the 7-2 for that extra bit longer :D

• Like 1

1 nil vs Sheffield Utd. 3 nil versus Fulham. 7 -2 = 5 vs Liverpool. Its all sequential. We are going to smash em by 7! 😜

JK. I am just hoping for a good game.

• Haha 2