Pre-match Thread

alreadyexists

23 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Just looked at their forum, they are really concerned about the amount of players they could have missing. If this could continue all season I’d be very happy!

A point would still be a very decent result though.

Read through earlier today. They're not talking about making load of cover signings as bench cover for injuries. Weird 

Just over six months ago we got absolutely battered 4-0 by this team and looking doomed for relegation.  Since then we’ve recruited well over the summer, now brimming with confidence and looking for a positive result against them.

What a fantastic turnaround it’s been that we now appear to be able to hold own against the bigger Premier League clubs again.  I just love football and the Premier League again.

This won’t be easy, but depending on Leicester’s injuries we’ve got a helluva chance of winning this one.  I would have no complaints with a draw though, which again is a measure of how far we’ve come in six months.

I’m going to say a very enjoyable 2-3 Villa win.

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

*Taken from thier forum*

Rodgers on huge injury blow

"We think that Cags will most definitely be out with an abductor strain. Jonny has come back with abdominal pain. We’ve got a number. Vards has an issue around his calf, so we’re awaiting a scan on that. We’ll see how Praet is with his knee. Amartey is out with his hamstring. It hasn’t been too kind to us. We think Cags is definitely out for a few weeks."

Rodgers on long-term injuries

"Ricardo and Wilf, these guys are a way off it as well."

ehp2HthBB04G.gif

• Haha 3

With all those injuries we have a great opportunity for three points. I’m not expecting an easy game still, but losing so many key players will give us half a chance. I’m still expecting Vardy to start but will be happy if he doesn’t, even though Iheanacho scores against us for fun. 

It looks like they have a lot of concerns with injuries - as others have mentioned. Vardy, Madison, Evans, Soyuncu, Praet, Amarty - and Ndidi and Perreira seemingly definitely out, with Fofana just joined and Morgan about 50 years old. 

Wouldn't surprise me if a fair few ended up being passed fit, but with some on the bench. Maddison, for example, looks like he will have to a substitution at some point, whether bringing him on or pulling him off (😉)
Surely, they can't start maybe 5, 6 or 7 players who needed to be assessed, or haven't played much - and this is why the 5 subs rule being kicked out for this season is so important for team like us who have a limited bench. 

from the BBC:

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers also confirmed that James Maddison (hip) is in contention to feature in some capacity, while Jamie Vardy (calf), Jonny Evans (abdominal) and Dennis Praet (knee) will be assessed again before Sunday's game.

So, expect them all to start.

Edited by rjw63
typo/schpeeling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1