Pre-match Thread

alreadyexists

20 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I don’t think anyone playing us after the Liverpool game will take us for granted. While some in the media might talk about the length of grass it was obvious to anyone watching we took them apart tactically.

The stuff with Leeds is mainly just online fans as opposed to the players and staff.  I think they’ve been over praised personally and they are going to get a tonking from someone sooner or later. 

Leeds remind me of us last season in that between their lines there's so many holes for us to exploit. We're going to dish out a few pastings. 

Leicester the spaces are usually down their sides and in behind. Soyuncu's speed allows them that luxury. I genuinely believe we'll beat them because they don't have their first choice CB's.

We've got no reason to fear anyone this season. We've got so many weapons of our own. Even Cash can bang a few in. 

Vardy is dangerous if allowed to run. If we allow them the ball and break in behind we'll hurt them. No Evans and no Soyuncu is like no Allison and Mane level absences.

Edited by Sulberto21
Bleeding autocorrect changed Vardy for Barry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Leeds remind me of us last season in that between their lines there's so many holes for us to exploit. We're going to dish out a few pastings. 

Leicester the spaces are usually down their sides and in behind. Soyuncu's speed allows them that luxury. I genuinely believe we'll beat them because they don't have their first choice CB's.

Leeds will be exposed, all it will take is an off day, a slight drop in physical intensity or the absence of a couple of key players and they will get a hammering. It will be interesting to see if they take a couple what happens to their belief.

We need to approach Leicester as we did Liverpool, invite them onto us smother them and hit them wide early and get behind them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Leeds will be exposed, all it will take is an off day, a slight drop in physical intensity or the absence of a couple of key players and they will get a hammering. It will be interesting to see if they take a couple what happens to their belief.

We need to approach Leicester as we did Liverpool, invite them onto us smother them and hit them wide early and get behind them.

I'm sure Rodgers will be well aware of that.

However i'm confident we can play slightly differently or not initially that way and change our strategy throughout the match. I think this is what we can do now we have strengthened our first team.

Guess we will soon see but it's a great opportunity to get something from the crisp packet stadium!

5 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Unfortunately for Leicester. both Soyunco & Evans have sustained injury while on International duty. Our third choice CB Daniel Amartey was already injured so now we may need to rely on 19 year old Wesley Fofana & a 36 year old Wes Morgan. Could be a long 90 minutes for Leicester.

Just thinking what kind of state we would be in if we had to deal with that!

Hope things look a bit rosier monday morning!

8 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Unfortunately for Leicester. both Soyunco & Evans have sustained injury while on International duty. Our third choice CB Daniel Amartey was already injured so now we may need to rely on 19 year old Wesley Fofana & a 36 year old Wes Morgan. Could be a long 90 minutes for Leicester.

Really?  We should  be winning this then. The stars really are aligning so far this season.

edit: I just googled Wesley Fofona. Desperate times if you have to field a rugby player in defence! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

8 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Wow, a long injury list for Leicester then! No Ndidi either which is a big loss. 

After the hammerings you dished out to us last season it would be nice karma for us to return the favour. More than likely it will be tight though even with your injuries. 

• Like 1

I’d take a draw to be fair, even with their injuries Leicester are a very good side. That said though, we should be buzzing with confidence and well up for this. I won’t be surprised to see us win, with Rodgers bemoaning injuries in his post match comments. 

Dunno if it's because of the empty stadiums thing, but we are getting so many wacky results this season that every match is getting harder to predict. It feels like this one could end up with an emphatic win for either side. So probably a dull nil-nil, then. 

3 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Wow, a long injury list for Leicester then! No Ndidi either which is a big loss. 

After the hammerings you dished out to us last season it would be nice karma for us to return the favour. More than likely it will be tight though even with your injuries. 

Ndidi is a massive loss for Leicester but Papy Mendy is playing very well as a defensive midfielder for us at the moment. He has been one of our best players so far.

7 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Ndidi is a massive loss for Leicester but Papy Mendy is playing very well as a defensive midfielder for us at the moment. He has been one of our best players so far.

What’s happening with Maddison? Is he still injured or do you think he’ll play on Sunday?

10 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

What’s happening with Maddison? Is he still injured or do you think he’ll play on Sunday?

it looks like he will be available for Sunday. The funny thing is the Praet & Tielemans play better together than with Maddison even though Maddison is probably the better player. 

• Thanks 1