Pre-match Thread

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Don't top teams who are loaded organize private jets for their players? With personal masseuses and IV's for fluids and nice food etc.ect.

Hopefully that's what NSWE are doing (as it won't be counted on FFP either)

pilot airplane GIF

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, BOF said:

Re- the international hangover. We can only hope Leechester suffer as much as we do.  It's one of the unfortunate consequences of actually being a good team now.

Especially in McGinn's case where he's a one man team up there.

Reveal hidden contents

;)

tenor.gif?itemid=11210702

What is Leicester's exposure to the international break? 

Have they got many players that will have played much or travelled far?

1 hour ago, StanBalaban said:

I don't know tbh. I'm just assuming Premier League clubs all have a fair degree of upheaval during international breaks. Although some less than others. I'm looking at you Burnley.

• Haha 1

All of Leicester's first XI other than Vardy are current internationals. Pereira and Ndidi are already injured so they didn't travel but the rest did AFAIK.

Soyuncu seems to have picked up a knock playing for Turkey as well so that's potentially three of their best defensive players out.

Seems like other than Vardy, Mendy and Justin (the fill ins for Pereira and Ndidi) everyone who will play against us has travelled.

The only disadvantage we'll have in this area is we have two South Americans that have travelled further and played in the middle of the night.

Edit - Unless Maddison is back fit, he didn't travel either.

Edited by YouUnastanFren
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

As far as I'm aware:

Schmeichel (Denmark)

Soyuncu, Under (Turkey)

Evans (N Ireland)

Castagne, Tielemans, Praet (Belgium)

Barnes (England)

Iheanacho (Nigeria)

So that's 9 players, of which 6 (I think) will definitely start against us. We have eight senior internationals on duty I believe, 5 will definitely start against Leicester. So not too much difference but we're a bit more fortunate in that players like Barkley and Trez didn't get called up on this occasion (in Trez's case I'm not sure why but I think Egypt aren't playing in October). 

Edited by VillaFaninLondon
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

As far as I'm aware:

Schmeichel (Denmark)

Soyuncu, Under (Turkey)

Evans (N Ireland)

Castagne, Tielemans, Praet (Belgium)

Barnes (England)

Iheanacho (Nigeria)

So that's 9 players, of which 6 (I think) will definitely start against us. We have six senior internationals on duty I believe, 4 will definitely start against Leicester. So not too much difference but we're a bit more fortunate in that players like Barkley and Trez didn't get called up on this occasion (in Trez's case I'm not sure why but I think Egypt aren't playing in October). 

The new CB they bought is also in the U21s for France. Not sure Amartey is in the Ghana squad as well but I'd assume so.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, gurru991 said:

It's funny you said that as after I posted it and read it again I thought someone will get pissy about the "new club" bit. I know Villa is not a new club & meant no disrespect & see you took only a little bit. The current top six need a boot up the arse with different clubs challenging them. You guys certainly have the dosh to do that.

We also have the pedigree, the infrastructure and the fan base.

Not all about being funded by wealthy backers, just saying.

Edited by bannedfromHandV

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

We also have the pedigree, the infrastructure and the fan base.

Not all about being funded by wealthy backers, just saying.

No. it's not just about wealthy owners but it certainly helps to have them.Just saying.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/10/2020 at 01:44, villalad21 said:

Us from NA has to suffer the same through peacock 😣 it's ridiculous

Not sure about that. I paid $50 for the season for Peacock. Sounds like Brits pay £35 Euro per month for Sky and that doesn’t even get you everything. Ridiculous.

Looked forward to this game as I can finally watch it comfortably on a Saturday night.

Yet the game has once again moved to a Sunday night, which would be Monday 02:15 AM in Hong Kong, which also means I'll be sleepwalking at work for most of the week 😫

• Sad 1

Im not ready for the buzz around us to die down. Its been a joy listening to all the podcasts, rewatching all the highlights 50 times over, reading all the positive reports and articles, and just being a proud Villa fan in general.

When a season starts, these are the scenarios you dream about. 3 wins from 3, team playing great football, +9 GD, 2nd with a game in hand, 7-2 drubbing of the Champions. Its all good at the moment, it must continue at all costs. We can forget about whats going on in the world when Villa keep doing what they’ve been doing. 

Think we’re going to win 3-2. 2-0 down, 2nd half comeback. We owe them that 😉 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

A point would be a good result, if we manage more than it’s a bonus. A point from this then beat Leeds would be lovely.

Really odd thing to say, considering how Leicester pummeled us last season, but I actually think leeds will be the harder game!

On 13/10/2020 at 05:46, TheAuthority said:

Don't top teams who are loaded organize private jets for their players? With personal masseuses and IV's for fluids and nice food etc.ect.

Hopefully that's what NSWE are doing (as it won't be counted on FFP either)

you mean like Ryanair priority boarding and a pre-paid sandwich on board?

• Haha 1

On 12/10/2020 at 12:44, BOF said:

Liverpool was a free hit, and we smashed it out of the park, but we went into it with lower expectations and some good form against a weakened Liverpool who may have under-estimated us. We got a perfect storm and we absolutely capitalised on it. Leicester are a much more 'normal' Premier League game for us and we'll not only be going into it with a load of confidence, but they'll also be on alert and will not underestimate us in the way they might have pre-Liverpool. 

I think this is a good point.  Leicester will have analysed us and be ready for what we did against Liverpool.    We will need to be even better to get something from the game, the element of surprise is now gone.

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Really odd thing to say, considering how Leicester pummeled us last season, but I actually think leeds will be the harder game!

Leicester are a very good side but seem a little inconsistent at the moment, so depends which version we are facing.