Ross Barkley

LondonLax

36 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's nothing like that, he was injured for over a month and then the training ground got shut for a couple of weeks when he was coming back.  

You misunderstand what I meant.

I mean it doesn’t matter WHY he’s not fit.  Only that he ISN’T fit.

He’s prob at 60-70% at best.

start him when he’s around 90% so that he can get that last 10% from playing.  Bring him on for the last 20-30 for now, so can improve against tired opposition that aren’t just jogging away from him while he’s gasping.

• Like 3

He's got a full week of training now before the next game to up his fitness and get back towards his best. This run of fixtures has been tough in the whole team, a rest will do him a world of good.

• Like 1

Surely the fact we’re still discussing his fitness means it’s a no go in the summer.

I get it, he’s had an injury and then the whole Covid thing struck but deary me, he’s a passenger in our midfield at times. 

Im really not a fan at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Lol Grealish did the exact same thing a few weeks back. I think it’s more wanting to play then a lack of respect. 

It's a small act, but I specifically remember some (me included) saying that Jack not being petulant and kicking things down the touchline as a reason as why he wasn't being criticized... Difficult to then see someone do exactly that a few weeks later and not criticize them

He is frustrated because 1. He was always subbed at Chelsea and psychologically it probably has effected him. And 2. He knows he is playing poorly at the moment and offering very little. Double Bubble. 

Whichever it is i am sure he will come good very soon because every single player in this team does come good sooner rather than later

Played a lot of games in a short time following an injury. He'll now be able to actually do some training rather than just recover. I think he needs the same allowances we gave to others to get to know his team mates, I think his quality is for everyone to see just needs time and luck.

• Like 2

If only he put as much effort and energy into his performances than he did to a bottle of water. 

Pathetic, Seen milk turn quicker. Ramsey covered more ground in 20 minutes than he did in 70. 

Have a horrible feeling he has a bull shit must play if fit clause in the loan agreement. 

On a positive note, we won't be paying £30m for him 

Are people confusing fitness with a lack of general agility and athleticism? 

I get it, he might not be fit and may have even suffered with Covid but surely this isn’t the reason for him being pedestrian with the ball at his feet, turning into trouble and generally looking slow and lazy? 

He’s a specimen in that he’s a very strong, tough boy. I do however think that slows him down and I worry he’ll never be agile enough with his build to play the role we want him to play. 

I don’t think he’ll be here next season. Like others have said, for the 25/30m mooted, there will be better players out there who fit our system more. 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I get it, he might not be fit and may have even suffered with Covid but surely this isn’t the reason for him being pedestrian with the ball at his feet, turning into trouble and generally looking slow and lazy? 

He’s a specimen in that he’s a very strong, tough boy. I do however think that slows him down and I worry he’ll never be agile enough with his build to play the role we want him to play. 

I don’t think he’ll be here next season. Like others have said, for the 25/30m mooted, there will be better players out there who fit our system more. 

I’ve always remember his game to be about power and energy rather than flair and guile. For that he needs to be in 100% peak condition to see the best of him. I’m hoping we will still still see that this season.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

No, I don't think so. There's certainly nothing wrong with his athletic potential, at least in my opinion. But it's also fair to say it's impossible to judge him as a cog in this team either way, yet. He hasn't been here long enough, or logically been fit enough. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve always remember his game to be about power and energy rather than flair and guile. For that he needs to be in 100% peak condition to see the best of him. I’m hoping we will still still see that this season.

This is obviously part of the problem though isn’t it. 

Let’s say Grealish, Konsa, Cash, Mings, Luiz etc. got the injury he did. I almost guarantee they would come back and be match fit after a game or two. 

Having to carry a player in the team on the premise that he might one day get to that magical 100% match fitness IS the issue with Barkley. We can’t afford to be doing that and this is why I don’t think we’ll sign him. 

He could be as good as Lionel Messi but if we have to wait 8 games to see that after a niggly injury then it’s just not worth it, especially if he gets injured frequently. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He is frustrated because 1. He was always subbed at Chelsea and psychologically it probably has effected him. And 2. He knows he is playing poorly at the moment and offering very little. Double Bubble. 

Whichever it is i am sure he will come good very soon because every single player in this team does come good sooner rather than later

To be fair, although I'm a big critic, you could be onto something here.

I never thought of it like that.

That I could totally understand, I just hope it isn't a bad attitude or big bollox self entitlement type thing.

We have a good spirit/chemistry in our camp and i'd ate for that to be messed wit.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

True, I more know him as someone who can drive forward with the ball at pace and unleash thunderous shots.

When I last saw him at Chelsea, before him signing, I thought he changed a game for them when he came on as a sub.

Maybe I'm too harsh on him but truthfully its frustrating watching everyone else putting in a huge shift and him seemingly not.

I think most agree that him at full fitness is a potentially brilliant asset, but what we are not sure of, is if the trade off of him starting while he regains that fitness is the best decision for the team overall, currently.

Still 17 games to go before a conclusion anyway.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This is obviously part of the problem though isn’t it. 

Let’s say Grealish, Konsa, Cash, Mings, Luiz etc. got the injury he did. I almost guarantee they would come back and be match fit after a game or two. 

Having to carry a player in the team on the premise that he might one day get to that magical 100% match fitness IS the issue with Barkley. We can’t afford to be doing that and this is why I don’t think we’ll sign him. 

He could be as good as Lionel Messi but if we have to wait 8 games to see that after a niggly injury then it’s just not worth it, especially if he gets injured frequently. 

I wouldn’t say we carried him today though. He played his part first half. Agree he needs to be doing more though. 

Â