Wrexham AFC - Ryan Reynolds/Rob McElhenney

Wezbid

Villa need the mainstream exposure of one of those all or nothing Amazon series.

Imagine a whole series of Unai cutting clips telling McGinn he is 1/8th of an inch too far to the left. 

Would be fascinating!

• Like 1

I want to congratulate all the diehard locals who have been with Wrexham through thick and thin.

You've not only overcome a lengthy stay outside the National League, but you've endured an appropriation of your team by American fans.

You all deserve this.

Edited by His Name Is Death

34 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Sad to see football back to the dark ages again.

Thats a bit harsh on the city of Wrexham. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, His Name Is Death said:

I'm sure they'll live lol.

I bet its hard to move in Wrexham without bumping into someone really pissed off about promotion because of a documentary. 

They must be seething. Much preferred that fan ownership model and the weekly worry about ceasing to exist. I can hear him moaning like a Birtles right now. Just listen....... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Villa need the mainstream exposure of one of those all or nothing Amazon series.

Imagine a whole series of Unai cutting clips telling McGinn he is 1/8th of an inch too far to the left. 

Would be fascinating!

Agreed. We should sell 5% of the club to Will Ferrell or maybe a Premier League social media operator like Tru….

Actually don’t worry. 

Edited by villaglint

3 hours ago, His Name Is Death said:

I want to congratulate all the diehard locals who have been with Wrexham through thick and thin.

You've not only overcome a lengthy stay outside the National League, but you've endured an appropriation of your team by American fans.

You all deserve this.

I reckon there are some Wrexham supporters, especially older ones, who might feel a bit queasy about their sudden transformation and Hollywood profile. What do they stand to lose here? I'm guessing many of the little things that give meaning to a community club are at risk. But on the other hand, they were close to rock bottom as a club before the takeover. Now they're back in the Football League, a new stand is being built, new pitch, club staff has security, it's a economic boon to the city, etc. It's hard to argue with success, and it's not like they've been taken over by some oil state. I'd think at east 85% of Wrexham supporters are A-OK with the new owners and all the rest of it.

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Just love what reynolds and mac have done for non league football. The expoaure they have done remarkable. The documentary is brilliant and thwy come across as two great guys

The Man City way of winning?

Maybe they should hire the brilliant Sean Dyche

5 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Would be fascinating!

We really dont 😜

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Would be fascinating!

unfortunately what we'd need is the PL to set up this PL films thing, 10 years for them to cycle through their mates and then they might do us

thats what the NFL always had / has over football, the interest was because it was random teams rather than the obvious ones, even hard knocks now, detroit lions was brilliant, football will never do that

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

The Man City way of winning?

Maybe they should hire the brilliant Sean Dyche

You must be one of the most negative posters on here 😂

Cant you just be happy for a club thats not villa?

Edited by Demitri_C

I wonder how long they plan to be doing the season documentary thing for? I guess it could be for as long as someone’s happy to commission it and there remains enough of a viewership asking for it.

But that’s the key for me, assuming that the documentary doesn’t just roll on indefinitely. Are they still going to be present and committed when there’s no cameras around, will their reactions and emotions (because bear in mind, they’re both actors) remain the same? 

The idea of the documentary rolling on indefinitely is quite interesting. One of the things I miss from the old days is the end of season review on VHS, and then latterly DVD. It seems these are not produced any more, I guess because you can find the highlights for any game easily enough online. What they’re doing with the documentary is kinda like a season review, but on steroids. It’s not just a review of the matches but the entire fabric and being of the club. In an age of ‘content’ and ‘authenticity’ I wonder if it could be replicated more widely.

Edited by bannedfromHandV

27 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

They're not committing fraud to break any financial rules. 

There is a lot of this denouncing for economic inequality, but how is this any different to anything that any club does to raise finances? The owners use personal wealth and profile to further the success of the club. Every team and every owner does this. The only difference is the disparity between the profile and wealth of Wrexham's owners and the rest of the league. 

I don't see how RR and RM can win. If they buy a team higher I the pyramid they are 'tourists', buying a plaything. They buy a lowly team and they are 'Man City'. 

From my understanding, they have gone in at grass roots paid respects to the town and the club and league's heritage, and brought new economic boosts to Wrexham, directly and indirectly. Fair play to them. Who was talking about Wrexham as a town 5 years ago. 

• Like 1

Â