Wrexham AFC - Ryan Reynolds/Rob McElhenney

Wezbid

13 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Villa need the mainstream exposure of one of those all or nothing Amazon series.

Imagine a whole series of Unai cutting clips telling McGinn he is 1/8th of an inch too far to the left. 

Would be fascinating!

Honestly sounds like the advice my partner gives me.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Wrexham Tourist Information Centre. 

You mean Jeff? 

Anyway there is only so much information you need to know about Wrexham:

Road out to the North goes to Liverpool. Road to East goes to Shrewsbury, road to West goes to Aberystwyth, and the one to the south goes to Ludlow. 

Job done.

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

There is a lot of this denouncing for economic inequality, but how is this any different to anything that any club does to raise finances? The owners use personal wealth and profile to further the success of the club. Every team and every owner does this. The only difference is the disparity between the profile and wealth of Wrexham's owners and the rest of the league. 

I don't see how RR and RM can win. If they buy a team higher I the pyramid they are 'tourists', buying a plaything. They buy a lowly team and they are 'Man City'. 

From my understanding, they have gone in at grass roots paid respects to the town and the club and league's heritage, and brought new economic boosts to Wrexham, directly and indirectly. Fair play to them. Who was talking about Wrexham as a town 5 years ago. 

It's perfectly fine for these things to co-exist.  People seem to have a real problem identifying that.

Naturally, fans of teams in the league(s) Wrexham will be in will be annoyed at their massive financial wealth comparatively.  They may also recognise that their owners are doing great things.  Again, both things can occur and that's OK.

59 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Don't get the hate. Happy for Wrexham.

Me too

Not sure why people get their back up over the source of money, they won the lottery, is what it is, instead they should get a bed sheet partner and pay for the players that way? I hate this sponsorship bullshit and the idea that it's fair, it's not, the millionaires who want to chuck money in is fairer

And this "proper" fan stuff, id love it if this was kiddy harriers, can only imagine what it's doing for the town let alone the football club

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Me too

Not sure why people get their back up over the source of money, they won the lottery, is what it is, instead they should get a bed sheet partner and pay for the players that way? I hate this sponsorship bullshit and the idea that it's fair, it's not, the millionaires who want to chuck money in is fairer

And this "proper" fan stuff, id love it if this was kiddy harriers, can only imagine what it's doing for the town let alone the football club

They don't?  It's literally just that they've blown the league away financially.  That's it.

• Like 1

I'm pleased for the people of Wrexham. Must be a great buzz for them. 

Plus Ryan Reynolds just seems a sound bloke. 

59 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

You mean Jeff? 

Anyway there is only so much information you need to know about Wrexham:

Road out to the North goes to Liverpool. Road to East goes to Shrewsbury, road to West goes to Aberystwyth, and the one to the south goes to Ludlow. 

Job done.

Road to the East goes to Crewe/Nantwich (it's the one I use to drive to work).

Shrewsbury is more to the South.

38 minutes ago, sidcow said:

On The BBC website they spoke to a bloke who's been attending for 60 years who said it was the best day supporting them and thought the owners were brilliant. 

From the few limited interviews I’ve seen. Both Rob and Ryan seem fully invested in it, the area and the fans, and spoke highly of Notts too. I really don’t see what they’ve done wrong. They clearly care about it. 

I think I decided, somewhat pragmatically and against my own members-owned football ideals, that the Wrexham story is good for football. 

Get more money into the lower leagues to level the playingfield between top and bottom of the pyramid. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Road to the East goes to Crewe/Nantwich (it's the one I use to drive to work).

Shrewsbury is more to the South.

That's why we need Jeff

29 minutes ago, El Zen said:

I think I decided, somewhat pragmatically and against my own members-owned football ideals, that the Wrexham story is good for football. 

Get more money into the lower leagues to level the playingfield between top and bottom of the pyramid. 

Needs to come from the Premier League to be honest.  But yes, there'll be a good benefit here for lower league sides.

• Like 1

Given how much the EFL lets in dubious and terrible owners - from Derby to Wigan to Bury and others. It’s great to have owners who care at Wrexham. 

The Premier League has at least £1bn in reserves, they also could do more to help the lower tiers of the footballing pyramid. 

• Like 1

Look, I think it’s a nice story and I like Ryan Reynolds a lot but my god am I am bored of hearing about it. It’s all over my Twitter feed, the news, everywhere, I can’t escape it. (So I deliberately sought out this thread so I could moan about it).

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

We really dont 😜

Yeah, I view those things as kind of tacky. Villa should stay above that fray and keep the mystique of the club somewhat veiled. 

• Like 2

Â