Wrexham AFC - Ryan Reynolds/Rob McElhenney

Wezbid

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Yeah, I view those things as kind of tacky. Villa should stay above that fray and keep the mystique of the club somewhat veiled. 

The only documentary we ever needed was when Xia ran the club just so we could have seen what a mess the place was 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The only documentary we ever needed was when Xia ran the club just so we could have seen what a mess the place was 

I gave this a laugh emoji but the cry emoji was in the running.

The road North goes to chester. 13 miles away. The biggest rivalry anywhere. 2 clubs so close and the English Welsh rivalry as well. I lived right in the middle. Wales was 200 years from my house.

7 minutes ago, colhint said:

The road North goes to chester. 13 miles away. The biggest rivalry anywhere. 2 clubs so close and the English Welsh rivalry as well. I lived right in the middle. Wales was 200 years from my house.

Jeeez, and I thought Greenwich Mean Time covered the whole of the UK.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Xia standing in the car park calling Dan Bardell to ask whether he should sign such and such player, could have been as good as the Will Grigg negotiation to be fair. 

and people complain about these guys? ridiculous. what a lovely human reynolds is

click

Wrexham: Ryan Reynolds fulfils fan Jay Fear's dying wish

Ryan Reynolds posed for photographs with Jay Fear, his wife Deb, son Sam, 16, and daughter Jess, 18

Ryan Reynolds has described being "choked up" after meeting an "exceptional" Wrexham fan who has terminal appendix cancer.

Jay Fear, 45, who was diagnosed in January, met his hero at Wrexham's Racecourse stadium where his team won promotion to the Football League.

The Deadpool star gave him a glove from the movie and arranged for him to visit the set for the series' third film.

Mr Fear, from Southampton, said his family would remember it forever.

Reynolds said: "It was amazing to meet Jay. I wonder if I'd have the same unwavering joy if our roles were reversed.

"He is an exceptional person and his family is wonderful. I got a little choked up talking to him and feeling how much his kids and wife are going to miss him."

Hollywood stars join fans as Wrexham win promotion

Elation in Wrexham as star-owned club win title

Star Ryan 'giggling, sobbing' over Wrexham romance

Reynolds had pledged to arrange their meeting after hearing about Mr Fear's dying wish to see the Wrexham team and meet him.

"They always say you should never meet your idol and this guy is definitely an exception to that," Mr Fear told BBC 5 Live's Sunday Breakfast...

More on link

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

and people complain about these guys? ridiculous. what a lovely human reynolds is

click

More on link

No, no they don't.

Edit:  "Mr Fear had become a fan of Wrexham after watching the Disney+ documentary Welcome to Wrexham, which has charted the takeover of the club by Reynolds and fellow actor Rob McElhenney." - itshappening.gif

Edited by bobzy

Saw this on Twitter the other day (before the game) and thought it was a nice touch

Whilst they're "Hollywood" owners and the media try to make it all about them, the lack of egos on them is great. Rob McElhenney is a really good guy imo.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Folski said:

I see Ben Foster was wearing a chest cam for the game Saturday? Had never seen one of these used in a match before. 

might be interesting in womens football, winky emoticon.

9 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Anyone know if the documentary is worth watching?

I've never heard of these owners before tbh, but I do like a good real life show once in a while.

Not that I've watched it...but absolutely not

The only football documentaries worth watching are when it all goes absolutely tits up

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

I've never heard of these owners before tbh, but I do like a good real life show once in a while.

It’s a decent watch, the main problem is it’s all very tense but when watching it you already know the ending which would ruin any good show.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Not that I've watched it...but absolutely not

The only football documentaries worth watching are when it all goes absolutely tits up

That's why both seasons of the Sunderland one are so good.

Just started the Wrexham one myself though.  Think it will cover last seasons which ends in disappointment for them.

10 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

You've never heard of Ryan Reynolds? 

I haven't watched the documentary but I'm happy for Wrexham. I have read a few articles about them on the BBC in the last few years, especially this year, it's been an interesting story with the big takeover by Reynolds and McEllheny.

Â