Match Thread: Burton v Villa

limpid

El Ghazi, Taylor, Lansbury all been what we have come to expect although, Taylor did put in a decent ball for the goal. 

Mings looks rusty. Hause the same as usual and Elmo whipped some good crosses in. 

Watkins scored a predatory goal and missed a sitter from a similar situation. But, he finds space and for a striker that is so valuable and a natural gift. 

Nakamba has looked very decent as DM and will be more than good enough cover for Dougie this season playing like this. 

Ramsey looked accomplished and not out of place at all. Give him a season and he'll be fighting for a regular place if he develops at the same rate. 

Grealish has been next level. If you signed him for £50m you'd be saying he is worth double with his skill and influence. 

Woeful as of now. We still display the same weaknesses as last season. So much to do and so many not cutting the mustard. 

Hause, Taylor, Elmo, Lansbury, Nyland, Davis.....All got to go with a few more fringe players. They all either frighten the shit out of me with their stupidity or frustrate the shit out of me. Non of them good enough to take us forward.

• Like 1

I have given quite a bit of thought to the question of which club could Villa persuade to sign Lansbury. He has some skills recognisable from good midfielders, but lacks graft and application and even interest. Sadly, we will be ripped off, as he runs down his contract and retires, like Nzogbia, Richards, McCormack and far too many others.