Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

If we registered a player today, could he be a part of the Monday squad?

Normally they talk about being signed by midday Friday to be available for the weekend. I assume it's the same for a Monday game but I guess there's a chance it's pushed back a day. That said, most civil servants I worked with frontloaded their work week then took Friday afternoons off so I doubt this one will be happening before tomorrow!

There’s no danger of Traoré playing Monday even if he is signed before the deadline. We are not that desperate for options that Dean Smith would throw in a new player when he’s hardy even said hello to the squad and will have had at best 1 or 2 training sessions. 

14 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

There’s no danger of Traoré playing Monday even if he is signed before the deadline. We are not that desperate for options that Dean Smith would throw in a new player when he’s hardy even said hello to the squad and will have had at best 1 or 2 training sessions. 

I'd be very surprised if it isn't Trezeguet that starts. El Ghazi did himself no favours against Burton.

• Like 2

There'll be no shocks in the team for Monday. I'm pretty confident that I could name it right now. The only question mark is why Cash didn't play against Burton, but if he's fit it'll be Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett, Luiz, McGinn, Hourihane, Trezeguet, Grealish, Watkins.

If Traore signs in time there's a chance he could make the bench, but at this point no one else that joins would go in that starting team, the match prep will have already been done.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

There'll be no shocks in the team for Monday. I'm pretty confident that I could name it right now. The only question mark is why Cash didn't play against Burton, but if he's fit it'll be Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett, Luiz, McGinn, Hourihane, Trezeguet, Grealish, Watkins.

If Traore signs in time there's a chance he could make the bench, but at this point no one else that joins would go in that starting team, the match prep will have already been done.

I think Elmo will start over Cash.

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 1

He didn’t have a great season, for whatever reason. But he’s got a good record previous to that.

He at least should strengthen us in an area where we are lacking and desperately need strengthening, can maybe cover at CF if needed too.

Seen plenty of links to LW players but hardly any to RW and this guy seems to fit the bill.

image.png

• Like 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

He didn’t have a great season, for whatever reason. But he’s got a good record previous to that.

He at least should strengthen us in an area where we are lacking and desperately need strengthening, can maybe cover at CF if needed too.

Seen plenty of links to LW players but hardly any to RW and this guy seems to fit the bill.

image.png

Apps 23, Chances created: 26.

That'll do for me. That's what we're buying him for, anythign else he offers is a bonus.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

That'll do for me. That's what we're buying him for, anythign else he offers is a bonus.

Thing is that it's in a pretty strong team in a much weaker league. So it's unlikely he'll manage anything close to that. 

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

image.png

I'm not sure how true this is, as I don't watch Ligue 1, but I'm sure I saw somewhere that they changed formation last season, and he was playing as a wing back instead of a winger. If true that also would mitigate the lack of goals from last season compared to previous seasons when by all accounts he played as a winger/inside forward.

Edited by RichiBoi11

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Exactly and only 14 of them were starts. I do wonder what constitutes as a chance though in these stats? For  example if a player does a 10 yard sideways pass to someone and the player then scores a screamer. That would class as an assist. But if the shot hit the bar would it count as a chance created? 

Â