Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

48 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

One of his last managers is quoted as saying he thinks everyone is against him and couldn't take criticism (in a nut shell).

Some players have problems with their own fans booing them. Remember Savo spitting towards the Holte (or was it the towards the fans in the North Stand?), he never really come back from that incident did he? And didn't Hourihane get booed last season before the lockdown? He seemed to take it well and came back brilliantly. Better not start off with booing Traoré by the look of it!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Thank's for the article, that was interesting. Seems like he doesn't question his ability but rather his lack of consistency. In another article former manager Garcia said he was one of the most talented in the squad but needs to do more.

In the comments in the beginning of this thread he was branded very mediocre among other things, felt like we were paying 20M for a new Tonev or something. Now the feeling is more that his talent isn't in question but consistency and application is rather the problem (which imo could be as bad as lack of talent!).

You who follow Lyon, do you agree with the ppl saying talent isn't the problem, but consistency and application?

And what would you say is his best position? I've read that he have even played right back, mostly right forward, but that he himself prefers playing as a striker.

Anyone who played for Chelsea, Ajax and Lyon must have talent.  I just don't see him finding consistant form in a league that is a level above the French one. We will have to hope that the transfer provides a spark in the lad or that Smith can get the best out of him, but that's a bit of a gamble for 20M player. I would expect a more sure thing for that price. I unfortunately envision a more pacy El Ghazi in this signing.  I presume he will play RW and that is where he is best suited.

Edited by nepal_villan
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, villaglint said:

Out of interest who are the pacy left footed right wing options available for less than £20m who are available and interested to move to Villa who would be better options? 

If Taore is the best Lange's computer could identify then we are in trouble 🙂

Jonathan Johnson mentioned -  Bouanga (St. Etienne) and Ikone (Lille) as better alternatives

2 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

If Taore is the best Lange's computer could identify then we are in trouble 🙂

Jonathan Johnson mentioned -  Bouanga (St. Etienne) and Ikone (Lille) as better alternatives

Reuniting Nakamba with Traore and Rashica might be a good move.

I remember when John Gregory tried to do similar in signing Luc Nilis & Giles de Bilde in the late 90's. Sadly it never materialised cause of a career ending injury for Nilis.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Traore to Villa agreed £17m + £2m add ons.

Awaiting clearance of a work permit.

Saw some random Burkina Faso account say it would be Saturday before the Work Permit was approved. Don't know if that was this Saturday or next!

Â