Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

That makes for not bad reading, considering most of those appearances only 14 of them were starts.

In a league where AEG would look class. And not only that, also in a good team in that league. Clutching at straws here methinks. 

Edit. Caught my own error here. AEG already tried that and didn't. All though in a worse team, but still. Ignore me. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

In a league where AEG would look class. And not only that, also in a good team in that league. Clutching at straws here methinks. 

Does that mean that if we blow £30m+ on Edouard that he will he also fall into the same tarnishing since the SPL could be deemed similar?

Do you remember a player we once signed, goes by the name of John Carew, signed him in 2007 from Lyon. Didn't work out too bad in the end.

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Does that mean that if we blow £30m+ on Edouard that he will he also fall into the same tarnishing since the SPL could be deemed similar?

Do you remember a player we once signed, goes by the name of John Carew, signed him in 2007 from Lyon. Didn't work out too bad in the end.

Pretty obvious a good record in a poor league means its relevance falls off. There's obviously good players to be found in France, but I would use statistics from that league, especially for players in the better sides, very carefully. Much like SPL and Celtic. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Pretty obvious a good record in a poor league means it's relevance falls off. There's obviously good players to be found in France, but I would use statistics from that league, especially for players in the better sides, very carefully. Much like SPL and Celtic. 

I'd sooner focus on the statistics that he creates in a Villa shirt, they will be all that matter now.

Besides, he has played amongst Marvellous and Rashica before too, so it's not all just about stats, imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichiBoi11 said:

There'll be no shocks in the team for Monday. I'm pretty confident that I could name it right now. The only question mark is why Cash didn't play against Burton, but if he's fit it'll be Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett, Luiz, McGinn, Hourihane, Trezeguet, Grealish, Watkins.

If Traore signs in time there's a chance he could make the bench, but at this point no one else that joins would go in that starting team, the match prep will have already been done.

The Cash one was strange, but then you could also say McGinns ommission was equally as strange because you'd imagine he needs minutes. We are probably reading too much into it. He went with the team he felt would win the game and they did. I agree with your selection. Elmo could start. Cash on Thursday or vice versa. Probably all 3 right backs will be used in some capacity between Monday and Thursday. 

Edited by Johnnyp
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

The Cash one was strange, but then you could also say McGinns ommission was equally as strange because you'd imagine he needs minutes. We are probably reading too much into it. He went with the team he felt would win the game and they did. I agree with your selection. Elmo could start. Cash on Thursday or vice versa. Probably all 3 right backs will be used in some capacity between Monday and Thursday. 

I thought Deano just put a few in the shop window against Burton, apart from Ollie and Martinez I think we will be lining up same as the end of last season and ease in the newbies 

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You’re easily impressed mate.

You said he would look class, I reminded you he flopped there. Am I missing something?

I just pointed out I already covered that. I owned up to it. I didn't delete the post cause making mistakes or being wrong doesn't bother me. But I see I should have deleted the post, cause expecting people to read and understand two lines of text before they respond eager to score points was obviously too much. 

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I just pointed out I already covered that. I owned up to it. I didn't delete the post cause making mistakes or being wrong doesn't bother me. But I see I should have deleted the post, cause expecting people to read and understand two lines of text before they respond eager to score points was obviously too much. 

He probably quoted you before you edited tbf

• Like 3

Â