Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

On 24/09/2020 at 21:33, useless said:

He definitely meant that goal before he shoots he clearly looks directly where the ball ends up going.

I still think there's a good chance he will leave before window closes as there are so many players ahead of him for the wide roles and rumours that we might be trying to sign another. For the good of his own career needs to go somewhere where he will get regular game time. 🫶

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mic09 said:

queue people saying they don't believe in expected OB per game bullshit 

It's not that I think it's bullshit, it's that I've no **** idea what it is. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Disappointed he seems to have removed the no look slice across his own box from his repertoire. That was always an exciting heart stopper

Still waiting for someone to do a compilation video of all those.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

If he doesn't pull a goal out of nowhere away at Leicester, we don't qualify for Europe.

He's a "moments" player. We need one of those.

Gerrard was reliant on them doing his job for him, Unai will rely on them when even his meticulous planning isn't breaking through.

The fact Gerrard sent him on loan to a tinpot league is one of the most baffling decisions I've ever seen a manager make. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

The fact Gerrard sent him on loan to a tinpot league is one of the most baffling decisions I've ever seen a manager make. 

All part of the purslow villa engine. Sign wingers, then hire a manager who doesn't play wingers. 

Genius. 

I love when Traore is in his " pomp " , but after excitement, I usually remember that there is a reason he doesn't start.

HOWEVER... I do have a niggling interest to know if, he can stay fit, he can be a brilliant addition to a well oiled machine?

In honesty, he's not really a player for a " battle " imo, but in games where you are in control, he can potentially run riot.

Unfortunately though, there are only so many " luxury " players we can accommodate, but it's a tough one with Bert, he is capable of being a match winner on his day.

You then have to decide if you want more of a hard working, all rounder and consistent player, or a sporadic " nutty professor " wildcard like Bert.

As mentioned, his fitness often seems to be an issue as well.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Glad to see him back but I miss this version of him:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

One of the reasons I back, support and praise him (other than his silly skills and beautiful goals) is that I have always felt he’s been harshly treated and judged in the last… received a lot of unfair criticism imo.

He has a lot more talent and technical ability than so many players we have employed… maybe just lacks the drive, determination and discipline to be a top class, consistent performer. Maybe Unai can help with that…

I don’t think he has a long term future here though… I’m willing to admit and accept that. 

He is a pure entertainer. Will always have a soft spot for him and (again) he made lockdown so much more bearable…

There was his goal against Man Poo, absolute cracker and the one against Chelsea (curled into top corner) too… 

spacer.png

Bertie is our most gifted player and some. 
I really want him to stay  - he can do things that others can only dream about.

Unai is clearly favouring Bailey at this moment, but this could prove to be a very long season and I would hope to see more of Bertie as the season unfolds 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I love when Traore is in his " pomp " , but after excitement, I usually remember that there is a reason he doesn't start.

HOWEVER... I do have a niggling interest to know if, he can stay fit, he can be a brilliant addition to a well oiled machine?

In honesty, he's not really a player for a " battle " imo, but in games where you are in control, he can potentially run riot.

Unfortunately though, there are only so many " luxury " players we can accommodate, but it's a tough one with Bert, he is capable of being a match winner on his day.

You then have to decide if you want more of a hard working, all rounder and consistent player, or a sporadic " nutty professor " wildcard like Bert.

Traore was good that first season because he didn't have to be the main guy. Jack and on occasions Barkley were the main guys. Traore struggled and looked out of his depth when we lost other players and more responsibility for the final 3rd fell to him. 

He's definitely capable of playing a part this season. Especially against weaker opposition in Europe. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I mean. Mega. Lol. 

Everything you’ve just said is complete nonsense. 

Oh of course you rock up to ruin the love fest 😂.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I mean. Mega. Lol. 

Everything you’ve just said is complete nonsense. 

Go on then do tell - who is more naturally gifted than Bertie in our squad ? Perhaps I should have added imo - but I await with interest ?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

For me it’s a no brainer JV - Bertie all day long. The guy is mercurial and mesmerising and an absolute joy to watch. 
I look forward to watching him play.

I really hope he stays 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StewieGriffin said:

I have so much love for this guy, genuinely one of my favourite current players. He's a loveable rogue, a cheeky scamp and a little tinker (as my nan would say).

The kind of guy who promises he'll help you move house and he'll sort a van - he promptly rocks up 15 minutes late in a clapped out robin reliant, wearing a vest with more holes than fabric and talks about the magical woman-that-isnt-his-wife he spent last night with (hence his lateness), and once he's arrived he spends an hour chatting and smoking dodgy stuff before speeding off down the high street with your prized possessions rattling around in the back and you realise he's secured the door with some gaffa tape and blue tack. Yet you don't doubt for a second your stuff won't arrive safely.

Absolute hero 

He sounds like someone else I know..

IMG_8290.jpeg

• Haha 2

It's funny as you would think a player like Bertie would drive Unai mad. I can picture him sat there listening to deep dive lecture on tactics from the gaffer. Blank expression, drums and magical flutes playing merrily away in his head as he bamboozles another hapless defence on his way to scoring an outrageous backheeled volley in the 98th minute...

"Bertrand, what did I just say?"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I feel the same way and I have similar thoughts about Leon. If we're in front and opponents are backing off - boohoo to you that have to face Leon and Bert back to back.

But if we're facing a Newcastle that's barging into players and hounding them without letting turn forward and do their magic - then Leon and Bert are going to have a tough time.

Think it's important to have a mix of players like Leon and Bert depending on the opponent.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

I feel the same way and I have similar thoughts about Leon. If we're in front and opponents are backing off - boohoo to you that have to face Leon and Bert back to back.

But if we're facing a Newcastle that's barging into players and hounding them without letting turn forward and do their magic - then Leon and Bert are going to have a tough time.

Think it's important to have a mix of players like Leon and Bert depending on the opponent.

I reckon this is where the big Italian Stallion takes over 😎

Â