Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

We paid 17 million for him and he is in his peak years so I think we either offer him a new contract or we try to move him on. He is a good player, only 27, so you'd imagine a fair few clubs should be interested and willing to pay 8-10 mill for him. I wouldn't want to see him leave for nothing next year. 

Two things that have a zero percent chance of happening. We'll be giving him away this summer just to be rid of him. 

• 3 weeks later...

Is Traore likely to be around the squad this season?

Can't see a club taking him if he is still injured around the deadline and we will need to dip into the squad to compete on all fronts this season, however much the club would like to see him leave if a decent offer came for him.

Edited by Ceemo

The Saudi window closes later than the rest so there is always that option. Also think it’s a disservice to him to say he isn’t worth £8-£10million… He’s not a bad player whatsoever just maddeningly inconsistent. 

May well have a bigger role to play than expected. Completely different player to Buendia, but more likely to be needed than before.

Assume we'll sign someone (probably Zanilolo) to cover Buendia, and then continue with our previous approach of signing someone if we get a buyer for any of our less favored backups (Davis,Traore, Hause, Chambers...).

Terrible news not just for the Villa and the new season ahead, but for Emi. Get well soon!

Why is it always seems to be us?...Carlos last year after playing what was it 1 or 2 games?

We don't seem to have "minor" strains we seem to have the full works i.e. out for most of the season etc.

Only good thing is that the window is not closed, but ......selling clubs will sense our need to buy another player and up their price... 

Maybe this set back will open the door for one of our young stars to make their mark?

• 2 weeks later...

The injuries and the sale of the younger lads surely means either he'll be here for the season or we're going to go crackers in the market this week.

I like having him around - we'll have a fair few games this season where we'll be playing slightly weaker teams and he can really enjoy himself. He'll be very useful in keeping others fresh.

Â