Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

45 minutes ago, Rolta said:

He was effective in the Prem before, so why not now? I get it that we should be aiming for a different type of player maybe, but he can have his moments too.

Imagine lockdown Berty in this side… 😋 

He’s a lovable rogue 😂

Will improve with more game time, fitness and coaching…

Needs to fully shake off the rust and recent knocks/injuries he has had..

And bring back that hairstyle!!! 😂

Edited by Jas10

32 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

He showed that until he moves on, he can still do a job for us. It may not be as first choice every week but whilst he is here, he can be useful.

Fully agree… don’t see the need or desperation to move him on…

Can be an asset, especially against weaker opposition such as the likes of Hibs.

Should be motivated to perform to try and earn some sort of extension on his deal…

Fits into the “we need a squad” mentality and strategy 😆

He’s a really useful squad player, and we do need them for the long season ahead. Especially with less of our academy graduates. Bertie has played in Europe, had plenty of experience internationally and we all know he’s capable of magic. Well worth keeping around the team imo. 

• Like 2

Half the time he doesn’t know what he is going to do

i Think having this “wildcard pick” in the squad may be useful this season.  It’s always 50/50 if it will work, but he does have something different up his sleeve.

He's always going to be frustrating but then he's a player that can do things that would shame prime Ronaldinho one second and the next his feet move so fast he tricks himself. Useful to keep around because he can pull these incredible moments out of nothing. 

Certainly he doesn't know how to score a bad goal.

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

He's a "moments" player. We need one of those.

Gerrard was reliant on them doing his job for him

Gerrard logic:

Relies on magic moments only

Loans out the player most capable of magic moments

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Rolta said:

He was effective in the Prem before, so why not now? I get it that we should be aiming for a different type of player maybe, but he can have his moments too.

I just find him lacking in pressing, physicality and basic ball retention so I feel he will never be reliable for us in the premier league, for the level we want to play at. Weirdly I feel like Traore is really good at the ‘difficult’ skills whilst being bad at the ‘simple’ parts of the game.  As a wildcard sub though he still has a role to play.

1 minute ago, mikeyjavfc said:

I just find him lacking in pressing, physicality and basic ball retention so I feel he will never be reliable for us in the premier league, for the level we want to play at. Weirdly I feel like Traore is really good at the ‘difficult’ skills whilst being bad at the ‘simple’ parts of the game.  As a wildcard sub though he still has a role to play.

This is closer to my feelings. I think he’s a handy impact sub, but if he’s not scoring goals, I don’t think he’s doing the other stuff well enough for me to want him to appear consistently. Against a high press team or given the style of play we want to do, I think there’s an inherent risk in him standing out more for the bad then good. 

8 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Glad to see him back but I miss this version of him:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

One of the reasons I back, support and praise him (other than his silly skills and beautiful goals) is that I have always felt he’s been harshly treated and judged in the last… received a lot of unfair criticism imo.

He has a lot more talent and technical ability than so many players we have employed… maybe just lacks the drive, determination and discipline to be a top class, consistent performer. Maybe Unai can help with that…

I don’t think he has a long term future here though… I’m willing to admit and accept that. 

He is a pure entertainer. Will always have a soft spot for him and (again) he made lockdown so much more bearable…

There was his goal against Man Poo, absolute cracker and the one against Chelsea (curled into top corner) too… 

spacer.png

Frame this post and hang it in the Louvre.

it’s a real shame that he slipped out of favour as I think he’s done far more for this club than the likes of bailey. Another negative product of the Gerrard era since I doubt smith would have frozen him out in the same way and it’s always hard to come back once you’ve been out in the cold

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Too much of a passenger and needs to prove he can keep himself fit. Not convinced he’s going to be here in the long term. 

He is a passenger, but one of those passengers that cracks jokes non-stop all the way to the destination. 

• Haha 1

Remember on his debut when we were trying to work out if he fluked the volley against Bristol...

The crazy bastard just spent the rest of his time scoring bangers to show us it was genuine. 

• Like 3

Â