Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

On 24/08/2023 at 23:27, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bertie is great when things are going well with the off cameo. If he was part of a team that went on a losing run he would get crucified on here. 

I’m going to quote myself here and say if he was starting in a team that lost a game he would get crucified on here. A lot of short memories. I like the player and hope he stays and plays his part. But I also understand if he doesn’t because his all round game just isn’t good enough.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

@Don_Simon football is altogether about opinions - I would love to know what you see in Bailey that makes you feel, he is more likely to score a goal at any stage than Bertie ?

the manager feels the same too

Bailey can finish and assist and aside from his frustrating displays he has delivered on these points. 

Bertie while entertaining and scoring the odd wondergoal is not as clinical as Bailey.

9 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

Bertie while entertaining and scoring the odd wondergoal is not as clinical as Bailey.

I don’t disagree as such, but it’s worth pointing out they have played the same number of league games for Villa and Traore has scored 50% more goals than Bailey - generally in a worse team as well.

• Like 2

On 24/08/2023 at 19:35, Zatman said:

Disappointed he seems to have removed the no look slice across his own box from his repertoire. That was always an exciting heart stopper

Imagine Unai's chin scratching went into overdrive when he did it in training.

18 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

the manager feels the same too

Bailey can finish and assist and aside from his frustrating displays he has delivered on these points. 

Disagree. Have you seen some of Bertie's finishes for us, and seen his record pretty much wherever he's been? Bertie is also much more likely to create something out of nothing.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Richie k said:

Random stat; Traore and Bailey have both played in 57 games for Villa.

Bailey has  8 goals and 7 assists and 8 yellow cards.

Traore has 10 goals 8 assists ans 2 yellow cards

Need to do contributions per minute for a fairer assessment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

i gave up trying to figure it out to be honest sorry hehe. But yeah its just that they are of similar enough level . They even have both had frequent injuries and lost their place a few times too so id even imagine they have roughly even sub appearences

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Richie k said:

i gave up trying to figure it out to be honest sorry hehe. But yeah its just that they are of similar enough level . They even have both had frequent injuries and lost their place a few times too so id even imagine they have roughly even sub appearences

Haha fair. I've just done it on Transfermarkt, league only (at Villa) stats:

Bertie averages one goal contribution every 173 minutes.

Bailey one goal contribution every 219 minutes.

I'd also guess that Traore's had more scraps of minutes lately.

To say Bailey is more clinical isn't true IMO, it's the other way round.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

If for some reason i had to pick between the 2 it would be Traore. He also makes me sit up and pay attention a bit more when he gets the ball in space.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I like Bertie but he is a luxury player for the most part 

Bailey as frustrating as he is has shown he can be an important part of the structure of how Villa play including contributing important goals and assists. Something Bertie has yet to solidify.

He may well do so and displace Bailey but this idea that he is better is far from the mark at this stage IMO

If he was to rise to that level it would strengthen the squad immensely 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Bailey - 15 contributions in 3054 minutes or 1 goal/assist every 204 minutes 

Traore - 18 contributions in 2997 minutes or 1 goal/assist every 166 minutes 

• Like 2

Why cabt we just keep both and rotate? Both different kind of players so ill be happy to keep them both here. 

I think traore is a better finisher than bailey.

However recently ive seen good linkup play by diaby and bailey which is exciting

7 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Disagree. Have you seen some of Bertie's finishes for us, and seen his record pretty much wherever he's been? Bertie is also much more likely to create something out of nothing.

Absolutely this - Leon is currently riding on a mini wave of popularity. 
I genuinely see nothing in Leon, that Bertie cannot do and then some.

Both are frustrating, both are enigmatic, and the only thing they are both consistent at - is inconsistency, but for me, Bertie has that little bit of star dust that sets him apart from Leon.

Some of the things that he can do with a football are insane.

All of this said - If Leon smash’s home a 106th minute winner at Burnley I’ll be delighted like everyone else. 

10 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I don’t disagree as such, but it’s worth pointing out they have played the same number of league games for Villa and Traore has scored 50% more goals than Bailey - generally in a worse team as well.

I know it’s something we’ll never know but I reckon Bailey would have ripped up this league with no crowds and playing with Grealish. He’s a confidence player and does get impacted. His outstanding numbers in Germany that led us to sign him were also with no crowds.

If we use that season to talk about how good players are then we should try and sign Patrick Bamford.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â