Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Doesn't always work like that.

A lot of players have their better years in the early twenties. This seem to be the case for this guy.

I don't know what has stopped his progress. Whether it is a lack of passion for the game. Bad attitude. Off the field issues.

What i can tell is i'd take Benrahma. Every day of the week.

Ain’t it around 5am where you are mate?

1 hour ago, samjp26 said:

Why do black footballers constantly get tarnished with this "bad attitude" stick? Not being funny but fans hardly ever know how a player's character is unless it is purposely put out there for us to know (e.g. Ross McCormack).

I think something being overlooked here is the fact that our man JT spent plenty of time around the player and will know his character, skillset and talents very well. I'm also sure Traore will have a lot of respect for JT just like all other Chelsea players did. If anything we have far better knowledge with this player than we do usually.

Reminds me of when Moise Kean joined Everton last season and Graeme Souness surmised "Why would Juventus let go of him? Must be an attitude problem. Remember when Adebayor went to Manchester City?". Jose Mourinho was sitting next to him and looked almost flabbergasted. 

Why?  There's no cast iron guarantee he'd be better in a higher division.  And if he doesn't want to come and would prefer to stay in London, then there's no point in even considering him. 

In his entire career (which has always been at the top level in Holland, England or France), Traore has a goal or assist every 166 minutes.  We don't have anybody in our front line who can say that.  He's 25.  I'm conscious this may be a trolljob but either way - it's odd.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Just read on a Lyon forum that Traore was the person who bought the bat that led to Covid-19.

Got a bad feeling about this one.

Now I really regret wasting my likes catching up in the Funny pictures thread.

• Sad 1

I'm sure the likes of Marseille, Fiorentina, Middlesbrough etc were all so disappointed when they were reading the Villa fans didn't rate Veretout, Amavi, Traore etc.

Let's give lads a chance eh. This absolute, black and white thing that if players didn't do good here they can't possibly do good there, and that they must be 'in decline'. It's like some haven't watched any football like........ever.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Doesn't always work like that.

A lot of players have their better years in the early twenties. This seem to be the case for this guy.

I don't know what has stopped his progress. Whether it is a lack of passion for the game. Bad attitude. Off the field issues.

What i can tell is i'd take Benrahma. Every day of the week.

Ask Dwight Yorke he will tell you what stopped his progress, it's called Page 3.

2 minutes ago, Trickster said:

I'm sure the likes of Marseille, Fiorentina, Middlesbrough etc were all so disappointed when they were reading the Villa fans didn't rate Veretout, Amavi, Traore etc.

Let's give lads a chance eh. This absolute, black and white thing that if players didn't do good here they can't possibly do good there, and that they must be 'in decline'. It's like some haven't watched any football like........ever.

It's not just that they don't rate him.

Taking a visit to reddit and twitter they are literally celebrating the fact that he is leaving.

Edited by villalad21

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Don’t need to go off topic and racism discussion tends to just get deleted on here but there are pages and pages of academic research documenting that black players get labelled in these ways and are described differently to white players. Below a report from a couple of weeks ago. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/30/sports/soccer/soccer-racism-broadcasting.html

Let’s not get into a debate about it as it will derail the thread but there’s plenty out there if you are interested in the answer to the questions you ask.

None of it of course means Traore is or isn’t good or does or doesn’t have an attitude problem! I have no idea on those, never seen him play.

Interesting. I fancy doing some statistics work now. Cheers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

It's not just that they don't rate him.

Taking a visit to reddit and twitter they are literally celebrating the fact that he is leaving.

Good for them.  We've done the same with many players previously and they've gone on to do well with other clubs.

It's football.  It happens.

20 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

1 goal in 23 games last season. Which is the most relevant season.

A player clearly on the decline. Jesse Lingard was a half decent player 3-4 years ago. Doesn't mean we should be in for him.

Who we should be in for are players like Watkins and Benrahma. Players who's been delivering the goods in recent times.

The former has already been done, great. Let's not stop there. 

Oh no! Well researched, villalad21, I'm very disappointed to discover this just now, but it's true. What the hell happened to him last season then?! We just have to hope that it was a one-off, a bad season at the office. Maybe he was going through a difficult time in his personal life, who knows? Let's hope then that he gets back to how he was before last season for the mighty lions (that's us). 

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Good for them.  We've done the same with many players previously and they've gone on to do well with other clubs.

It's football.  It happens.

I don't recall any on here being filled with joy after losing Amavi, Veretout, Gueye or Adama.

Not even with Westwood. Although he had his critics, there were plenty of people who rated him.

It seem to be a firm agreement among Lyon fans that Bertrand Traore is shit. Should be seen as a big red flag for any of us villa fans. Ligue 1 is not even that great of a league.

Edited by villalad21

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I don't recall any on here being filled with joy after losing Amavi, Veretout, Gueye or Adama.

Not even with Westwood. Although he had his critics, there were plenty of people who rated him.

It seems to be a firm agreement between the Lyon fans that Bertrand Traore is shit. Shoud be seen as a big red flag for any of us villa fans.

Pretty sure most people are taking it into account. 

What would you like us to do with this information?

Â