Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Emi is correct, We do need to be finishing the season strongly as the first half to the season has been pretty disappointing if we are being honest. If we want to convince Emi and similar calbre players to stay and sign a new deal with us, we need to be finishing near the european qualification spots. We have lost too many games this season (only Norwich and Watford have lost more games!), and I believe the acquisition of the more experienced players during January is to try and eradicate that and turn some of those losses into draws or victories. We have a good run of winable games now, and I think we could do with a similar run to the promotion year to get ourselves up amongst the positions we need to be in come the final standings.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Emi is correct, We do need to be finishing the season strongly as the first half to the season has been pretty disappointing if we are being honest. If we want to convince Emi and similar calbre players to stay and sign a new deal with us, we need to be finishing near the european qualification spots. We have lost too many games this season (only Norwich and Watford have lost more games!), and I believe the acquisition of the more experienced players during January is to try and eradicate that and turn some of those losses into draws or victories. We have a good run of winable games now, and I think we could do with a similar run to the promotion year to get ourselves up amongst the positions we need to be in come the final standings.

Impossible not to love this guy, most likeable player at the club and just has the lot really - character/personality, inspiration & leadership, determination, talent/ability, workrate & attitude. He’s just immense. Such an example for everyone to follow, he is captain material. We’re lucky to have him.

Yes, we really need to put in consistent performances and rack up the wins to keep our best players happy and positive about the future.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I hope with all the work on incomings, there is also work on renewing contracts ongoing. This guy is at the front of the queue.

Absolutely, we need to protect and retain our greatest assets. Just as important as new signings.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Martinez is comparable to a surname like Smith for an English speaker.  Have heard it mispronounced by TV crews during a PL game so it definitely needs to be said. 

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yeah emotions took over. One of our best signings for years.

Absolutely agreed. That was a build up of emotion that,like you say, and inside he would be so embarrassed and gutted that he let us down for the opener... for him to see that equaliser go in.... just brought him to a primal level of being a fan running to be withother fans, like a sorry and a celebration in one. 

Loving it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, R.Bear said:

Terrible mistake. Didn't let it bother him. More than made up for it afterwards. Brilliant player.

Yes, the mistake didn't get to him. Well done to recover. I still expect more from him.

• Like 1

All goalkeepers, even the greatest, drop clangers. As long as they are few and far between then it's acceptable.

As others have said, he didn't let it bother him and made a couple of crucial saves. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daweii said:

Damián Emiliano Martínez Romero is his full name. 

This is, long-standing theory of mine, why there was suddenly a ton of gossip we were about to sign Romero the old United keeper a couple of weeks before the Emi news came out of nowhere.

• Like 3

Â